PDA

View Full Version : Replacing the clock on 96 EK civic

Chriskoss
08-03-2011, 11:35 AM
Hi guys
I need to replace my clock on my 96 civic as the amber class is cracked
Do I have to take apart the whole dash to get to the clock. I read up on it and people say you need to take out everything from the centre console to the glovebox to the cluster just to take out the radio/other parts in the centre dash console?
thanks
Chris

Kempe
10-03-2011, 01:01 PM
I need to do this as well, if I find out how to will post back, also need to replace the bulbs in the rear screen demister button while I'm there.
BTW, Do you know the main dealer wants $601 for a brand new clock??

Kempe
10-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Spent the afternoon stripping down and getting nowhere, cant see any way to remove the plastic fascia from the dash.
If you were adventurous, you could try unscrewing the clock by sticking your hand through the opening for the radio, but locating the screws and doing it up again might be problematic, and wont help me to replace the globes in the rear screen demister button.
Anyone any idea if the fascia can be removed, before I reinstall everything again and admit defeat?

http://i51.tinypic.com/500c55.jpg

Chriskoss
16-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Kempe, i read up on it..
You just have to take off your instrument cluster. There are 2 bolts on the inside on the left after u take off the instrument cluster. Then 2 bolts on the other side up where the glovebox was taken out of the right. So 2 either side. then apparently the centre dash cover will come off and you can get to the clock.
PM me if you need further explanation, I downloaded a 96-98 civic owners manual which tells you how to take it off. its crap quality but will help us. Still haven't got around to doing it yet but will 1 day.
P.S i got a second hand clock from the wreckers for 40 bucks...