PDA

View Full Version : paint protection cancelling? urgent! :(

euromandeluxe
08-03-2011, 02:40 PM
hey guys, we've just been to a dealer on saturday for a new accord euro lux for $40,000 driveaway including bluetooth, tint, mats, and black pearlescent paint.

the dealer finally (although unhappily) agreed to the price, and we wrote up a contract for $40,000 and they said the car would be delivered within two weeks. i relaxed, because i'd finally gotten the car i wanted at the price i wanted. big mistake - soon, the aftermarket saleswoman came up to me and offered me the "motorone fifth dimension" package which includes things like paint protection and leather protection etc for $2,500. then $2,000.

she told me itd keep my car in mint condition forever etc, so i agreed and they wrote a new contract up, which was signed (for $42,000).

i've now done some research and realised that i've been ripped off. this all happened on saturday - now i want to cancel the motorone 5th dimension package because i've heard of some people calling up the next day/within the week and cancelling on the package successfully, even though the contract has been written up. so i'm planning to call up asap.

QUESTION: what kind of things do i say/how do i go about doing this? i'm worried theyll say things like 'sorry you've signed already there's nothing we can do bls' and i won't know what to say to that. we've already put down a $3k deposit for the whole deal.

thanks a lot in advance guys - i need help asap :(

white_ep3_civic
08-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Just ask. If they say sorry can't be cancelled say I want my deposit back and I'll go elsewhere for the car. They would prefer to loose $2000 rather than $40,000

euromandeluxe
08-03-2011, 04:52 PM
thanks,

i just called up and there were no problems.

i also asked for an email to be sent to me just as proof that i contacted them and they agreed to cancel the $2000 protection deal as peace of mind, as we called just before the 3-day cooldown period expired.

Type R Positive
08-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Lucky mate, if you really want paint protection, just go to a good detailer. It costs about $400 for a full polish and application of the sealant. Alternatively, that money buys you a he'll of a lot of cleaning gear!

Just make sure you get the contract in writing! Go down there if you have to.

tony1234
09-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Lucky mate, if you really want paint protection, just go to a good detailer. It costs about $400 for a full polish and application of the sealant. Alternatively, that money buys you a he'll of a lot of cleaning gear!

Just make sure you get the contract in writing! Go down there if you have to.

As above.Get it in writing and go down and pick it up.Don't rely on a phonecall.

CU2 Euro 09
09-03-2011, 12:33 PM
car sale contracts have a cooling off period which is in legislation, so you can cancel the whole sale if you wanted.

The paint protection package is a joke and you don't need it.

praja6
09-03-2011, 01:58 PM
You can cancel the whole sale if you want within a week, however if the car is already in stock you have to pay 3% or 5% of the car value price as restocking fee, which is around 1000-2000 depending on how much you negotiated it.

If the car is not in stock in dealer yard, then i think can cancel with 100% refund. Please correct me if i understood it correctly.

CU2 Euro 09
09-03-2011, 02:54 PM
I read the original post as he was waiting 2 weeks for the car, so that's not 'in-stock' and he got back to the dealer within 3 days. So on both counts the contract can be cancelled with 100% refund of any moneys paid.

praja6
09-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Ah yes... I am sure he can cancel and get 100% refund if car is not in stock. On the other hand i think 40k driveaway for lux auto with those accessories still a very good price. Inface that is the very best price i can see the cheapest here in the forum people got lux auto for...

albii
09-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Dont know how it is down south, but in brissie, new cars have no cooling off period.

CU2 Euro 09
10-03-2011, 02:21 PM
I think you are right regarding QLD. The original poster is in VIC though I think, so they should be covered under Motor Car Traders Act 1986 - SECT 43