PDA

View Full Version : Best place to hide Alarm Horn

SuperJDM.
08-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Hey guys i just recently bought a new pod for my EM1.
It fits how ever i want the pod to sit flush right above the whole where the cold air comes from but theres a problem, my Alarm horn is in the way so i was just wondering wheres the best place to put it?
Also wheres the best place to hide the H.I.D Ballast

Thanks.

Symphorced
08-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Tuck your ballasts behind your front bar and I just have my alarm horn sitting above my headlights. Can't you place the alarm horn on the other side of the engine bay in the same position?

SuperJDM.
08-03-2011, 03:29 PM
yeah friends have suggested to hide it behind front bar, ill have a sus later.

For the alarm would the wires reach the other side? I haven't tried taking it out to see how long it is yet

Symphorced
08-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Upload a photo of your engine bay as it is now. Where are your ballasts currently mounted?

SuperJDM.
08-03-2011, 06:52 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/14ieyoy.jpg

can you see the alarm horn on the left of the radiator thing?

cnez
08-03-2011, 07:21 PM
put it behind the driver's fender!

SuperJDM.
08-03-2011, 08:14 PM
behind fender is to much effort. i think ill just do behind the bumper. Anyone got a DIY?

Symphorced
08-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Relocate ballasts and then mount your alarm horn where the ballast is or even above the headlights? There looks to be plenty of room there - compared to an EP3 engine bay you have all the space in the world. :p

SuperJDM.
08-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Relocate ballasts and then mount your alarm horn where the ballast is or even above the headlights? There looks to be plenty of room there - compared to an EP3 engine bay you have all the space in the world. :p

what do you mean above headlights? wouldnt it get smashed when the hood is closed?

Ill see how long the wire for the horn is tomorrow etc etc and hopefully i can find a good place to hide the ballast.

chauster
08-03-2011, 11:13 PM
haah mrwillz car.

anywho. just hide your ballasts behind your front bar so it sits on/near your reinforcement bar and run the wire acros liek that to get to the battery.
your alarm, assuming the POD is bigger maybe you can tuck it lower down? or mount is under your strut bar.

SuperJDM.
09-03-2011, 11:23 AM
failed @ trying to move horn, theres this wire that attaches to this metal piece on the headlights so that when the hood is opened the lights come on i cant seem to detach it.

This is how the filter sits atm, guess itll have to do for now.

http://i53.tinypic.com/6zy4pu.jpg