PDA

View Full Version : Seat bolster repair?

mugen_ctr
08-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Since no one can answer on Integra forum.. ill try the trusty civic boys/girls :D

My seats have worn out, well the bolster has.... i feel that my fat ass lol was the cause but thats not the point LOL... so yea... Basically it feels soft and doesnt hold up well, any ways i can go abouts repairing/replacing it?

I was thinking retrimmers, but than i thought they only do the skin of the seats, not the acutal seats so im not sure... cheers

Btw this is on DC2 seats, face lift ones, so its got that nice trim on so i wanna try an keep it like that

grifty
08-03-2011, 09:13 PM
any trimmer should be able to take the fabric off and make a new bolster foam, i dunno how much it is gonna cost though.

mugen_ctr
08-03-2011, 09:20 PM
any trimmer should be able to take the fabric off and make a new bolster foam, i dunno how much it is gonna cost though.

oh really, nice... ill get a few quotes to see how it goes, cheers :D

dc292177917
11-03-2011, 12:23 PM
if putting it to the trimmers to RECREATE one bloster for u
i think getting a 2nd hand seat with good bloster shape in wtever upholstery condition
**let's say if the seat is symmetrical u can get a psnger seat as well**
ask the trimmer to swap the bloster out for u
in that case it shud be cheaper than making a new one lol

mugen_ctr
11-03-2011, 01:29 PM
if putting it to the trimmers to RECREATE one bloster for u
i think getting a 2nd hand seat with good bloster shape in wtever upholstery condition
**let's say if the seat is symmetrical u can get a psnger seat as well**
ask the trimmer to swap the bloster out for u
in that case it shud be cheaper than making a new one lol

ohh i see,yea that would also make sense... just replace the skin from the old one to the new one, didint think of that :D