PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control RetroFit

zhong
08-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Hi,

Anyone know if USDM cruise units can be made to work with ADM S2000? I'm pretty confident that it can be hardwired somehow right?

Any light shed, would be greatly appreciated.

Peace.

garett
10-03-2011, 09:09 AM
it would have to.

you can buy cruise control kits from most auto stores (autobarn etc) roughly around $300 and up, plus fitting
just look terrible under the engine bay.

zhong
10-03-2011, 09:22 AM
I'm more talking about the USDM OEM SPECIFIC items.. As someone may have done it and make my life easier.. Otherwise I guess it's back to the pinout diagram and making a custom loom for it... lol I remember when I changed out my Cable Reel, that there was infact a spot to mount the switches to and also the loom connector - I just really want to know whether I have to hard wire it or is the loom the same as USD models - Plug and Play?

Anyone else?

AusS2000
10-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Can't say specifically but you would require some harnesses from the US or some custom wiring. The bit I was wondering about is the cable reel but you say that is there and not used.

As for aftermarket ones looking terrible:
http://s2000.byteserve.com.au/turbo/complete.jpg
Looks OK to me.

ludecrs
10-03-2011, 03:53 PM
I couldn't fit one there :(

zhong
10-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Hrm.... It looks normal to me too.. Maybe coz everything is in better proportions with that snail... I would dare say that it looks like it's near the overflow bottle.. And I can't really see the rest of the lines etc..

I looked at my CRUISE CONTROL MODULE unit, and it has quite alot of pins... That's what shits me, I have to make it myself.... I just wanna know if atleast the loom is there haha, and I better remember adding in a clutch switch as well as hooking it up with the brake switch too, otherwise i'll be cruising all day, literally.

ludecrs
10-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Cruise unit is behind the overflow, your correct.

zhong
10-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Hey AUS, did you install the cruise control unit yourself? Maybe that will tell me something about hardwiring..

AusS2000
10-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Nah, had it installed, sorry.

LEWD
15-03-2011, 08:02 AM
It would be interesting to see if the cars are already wired for it. When I bought parts for my prelude from overseas I was surprised to find the wiring and relays in place for options that weren't available anywhere bar japan such as foglights and folding mirrors. I woul dhave no idea how you could find out though as in the US its standard is it not?

AusS2000
15-03-2011, 08:31 AM
I'd suggest probably not, as the USDM loom is slightly different anyway for the different steering side. And in my many hours under the bonnet and dash I haven't noticed any spare connectors that could be for cruise control.

I have a US loom so will try to identify the connectors and confirm that they are missing on the Aus one.

zhong
15-03-2011, 10:00 AM
^ That'll be awesome mate, thanks! I'll have a closer look into installing it over this weekend, I'll probably hardwire it and ensure that it's working because I'm sure I won't need to hook up all pins (I think there are 16pins) but we'll see i guess..

AusS2000
16-03-2011, 01:45 PM
I had a look at the US loom and there were no connectors I couldn't identify and certainly none with 16 pins.

I suspect the cruise control is a separate loom altogether.

zhong
17-03-2011, 11:05 AM
Bummer. I checked it again and it's 14Pins by the way..

Ill suss it out and keep this thread updated just incase someone else wants to do the same.

AusS2000
17-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Search S2ki for one of the wreckers that parts out S2000s. Ask them about CC looms.

Keep in mind any US loom you buy will be short as the distance to the steering wheel is longer on our cars.