PDA

View Full Version : Automatic driver learning first manual car with DC2R

R-lover
08-03-2011, 11:44 PM
Hey ladies and gents,
This is my first time writing in this forum so although my question might disturb you in any ways (seems like some ppl on the forum are very sensitive about repetitive threads or stupid questions...) Ill appreciate ur kind replies :D

So the point is, that I, who drive automatic right now in camry wagon, would like to learn manual with Integra DC2 type R. I know that in NSW (where I live) when you get your green P's, it is free to choose whatever transmission to drive. So, since I have never driven manual before I might struggle with manual performance car.

But let me tell you, that I adore and admire the car and also have sufficient knowledge about driving manual but just worried and curious to know your opinions on this subject ^^;;

Tips or advice will be greatly appreciated Thanks !

anzai
08-03-2011, 11:47 PM
um.. so what was the question?

R-lover
08-03-2011, 11:56 PM
... the question is , what's ur opinion about automatic driver learning his first manual in DC2R? :S

u mad?
09-03-2011, 01:03 AM
if its got the standard clutch, it'll be a piece of piss

after all, its just a na fwd lol

Super-DA9
09-03-2011, 12:33 PM
how long have you had your licence?

R-lover
09-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Including learner licence.. its been 2 years :)

DCZ 18C
09-03-2011, 01:29 PM
DC2R is and easy car to drive....... but i have noticed it is hard for some of my mates to drive it well.....
tbh i would say go do a couple of lessons with an instructor with a manual car before you jump the gun and get in a type R..

and do you already have a type R or thinking of buying one..?

DTN
09-03-2011, 05:37 PM
You'll be fine mate. I had very little experience before i got my DC2R as well, just take it slow :D

MRK20CRX
10-03-2011, 11:21 PM
What a stupid question, dc2r isn't a high performance race car, it's far from it. It doesn't have an OS Geiken triple plate clutch so i wouldn't worry about it. I learnt manual in a Mazda 3, jumped into my Crx when I got my licence and it was a breeze. Please refrain from asking silly questions like this, common sense mate, waste of a thread

RR.
11-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Get a couple lessons with an instructor first to learn the basics of how to drive manual, before you attempt to teach yourself and potentially wear the clutch leading you to have to purchase a new clutch.

Indie
11-03-2011, 11:43 AM
I'm curious, mate; what's with typing ";;;" at the end of your sentences?

Other than that, erm, there doesn't seem to be a question here. It seems as if you're excited about buying a Type R, and just want to post about it. Anyway, it's no harder to drive than any other car, but you'll probably still wrap it around a tree...

anzai
11-03-2011, 01:37 PM
you're learning manual so you will be granny shifting. assuming you will be driving a stock type r, they are like any other cars on low rev. if you're concerned about 'performance', power will only comes on from around 5k rpm so no you won't meet a tree anytime soon.

androo
11-03-2011, 03:33 PM
LMAO I think he just wanted everyone to say...

"OMG TYPE R!!! WOW!!! I WISH I GOT TO LEARN MANUAL IN A TYPE R!!!"

xenonkuraz
11-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Get a couple lessons with an instructor first to learn the basics of how to drive manual, before you attempt to teach yourself and potentially wear the clutch leading you to have to purchase a new clutch.

^ spot on

Symphorced
11-03-2011, 07:18 PM
As others have said, you should at least get a few lessons before you jump the gun and purchase a manual car (whether it be a DC2R or not). This is what I did and DC2R was my first manual car too.

dc2r-0636
11-03-2011, 07:57 PM
i got a heavy duty clutch and my sister does find it hard to drive. only take some practise then u will be slapping gears and red lining :D

R-lover
12-03-2011, 02:07 AM
Thanks everyone, whether the feedback was good or bad, it helped me a lot :)

i will take ur advice and take lessons b4 driving manual! Cheers

R-lover
12-03-2011, 02:07 AM
Thanks everyone, whether the feedback was good or bad, it helped me a lot :)

i will take ur advice and take lessons b4 driving manual! Cheers