PDA

View Full Version : Loose or Broken Mounts?

asps91
09-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Hi Guys,

Been meaning to post up for a while with a few symptoms my s2k has shown over the past few months.

Had a search and cant solve my problem and before i jack the whole thing up to have a look (Dont even know what a broken or worn mount should look like) id like to know if anyone can work this out.

If im in say 4th gear and i quickly pulse the accelerator there feels like there is something moving about underneath the car and the car will jump. It feels like the bloody gearbox or something is loose. Does anyone know what this sounds like? (Gearbox or engine mounts. even diff)

Also, my gearbox is making a slightly more noticable whine lately and becoming a little more notchier, is that the indication of an oil change or should i get it looked at.

Otherwise the s2000 is going great!

Cheers guys

l3vnd1
09-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Hi

I have similar symptoms also with my car - on deceleration at lower revs I feel the engine jerk back and forth. Not sure if this is normal and visually can not see any signs of a broken mount.

Would like to know if anyone has some input on this!

asps91
10-03-2011, 01:04 PM
can anyone chime in on this one? Help would be appreciated

vyets
10-03-2011, 01:19 PM
check all your mounts you will be able to tell if its broken there will be a crack through it. diff mounts gb mounts engine mounts

asps91
10-03-2011, 02:59 PM
check all your mounts you will be able to tell if its broken there will be a crack through it. diff mounts gb mounts engine mounts

Thanks mate, ill give that a try.