PDA

View Full Version : Service station

chichichibo
09-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Hi, may i ask, for the service, if you would go for Honda? or go to mechanic like Ultratune, automaster?
I am planning to get my car serviced, but thinking where to go....
sounds like Honda service is not that 'good', and somehow, even worse....
but if i go for places like ultratune, automaster, do they have the correct things like, correct engine oil, transimission oil, brake fluid, etc?
my car has done 63k, and i want to get a service for it........
thanks a lot guys

DuffyFD
10-03-2011, 09:28 AM
what was the last service that was done? are you looking at doing the 60K service?

Honda you will pay more for, as for quality service, when it's just an oil and filter change, it doesn't really matter.

chichichibo
11-03-2011, 08:23 PM
what was the last service that was done? are you looking at doing the 60K service?

Honda you will pay more for, as for quality service, when it's just an oil and filter change, it doesn't really matter.

i bought it from a dealership, and it claimed to be serviced at 60k already in the log book, but i dont trust it at all, and would like to do a general service for my car, and feel like better to have it serviced so that i know how's the condition of my car.
just thinking go for honda or other service provider.... :)

xenonkuraz
11-03-2011, 08:38 PM
If you want a logbook service, just go to any reputable place that won't void your warranty. If you want genuine fluids, go to the dealership for a service or buy the fluids yourself and bring it to a place of your choice.

In the end you would expect a Honda dealer to have more knowledge and expertise when working with our cars so I don't see why they would be bad or worse than places such as ultratune

chichichibo
12-03-2011, 02:04 AM
coz 2 of my friends' cars have been encountered problem after being serviced by Honda....
case 1: the transmission system is fuxked since the honda service personnel didnt drain the transmission fluid prior pouring the new fluid. Result: whenever he starts from stop, such as traffic light, his car vibrates....
he went to mechanic, and they said the transmission system is spoiled already, no way to fix unless replacing the whole transmission gear box (it's an auto).

sirdistik
12-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Do you know which service center they went to?

curtis265
13-03-2011, 03:31 PM
^i want that info too.

These dealerships should be named and shamed!

by taking to dealerships you should be getting only the best service

sirdistik
13-03-2011, 11:47 PM
I go to the Burswood service center for the service, in fact i have one due now. I'm contemplating taking it into ultratune or RAC instead for the service instead. i haven't been happy with the service at burswood honda but i go there because it's close to work.

Curtis, where do you take yours?

curtis265
13-03-2011, 11:55 PM
I used to go to burswood honda while it was under warranty - loved the quality of work there!

but then i found this smaller company called KL motors. They're very busy, but they offer a ridiculously cheap no frills service. smaller services only cost me around $100 or so.

I had my prelude's timing belt done for $546.

There are a few stories floating around though, but my experiences have been good so far.

chichichibo
14-03-2011, 01:32 AM
^i want that info too.

These dealerships should be named and shamed!

by taking to dealerships you should be getting only the best service

Burswood Honda!!!
his car is a Jazz, and another car is an Accord Euro

sirdistik
15-03-2011, 09:10 PM
@curtis:
KL Motors? haha, you must be asian then. I used to go there a lot with my previous cars but I found that they were a bit cheap and nasty, but that's what you pay for I guess. Do you buy the oil and fluids yourself and give it to them? or just trust whatever stuff they use??

curtis265
15-03-2011, 10:58 PM
HAHAHAHA right you are. I live locally too and their name spreads through word of mouth. I trust their fluids, but i think i shouldn't have.

GOnna take their oil out soon too. No idea what it is. Hope it doesn't burn as badly as magnatec does