PDA

View Full Version : euro throttle issue

jzx_andy
10-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Hey guys... been driving the euro all of yesterday and theres just one issue i have with it (6spd manual).

When i apply the throttle past roughly 50%, mainly in 2nd and 3rd gear, the whole car begins to resonate quite loudly, you can hear all of the interior parts vibrating. This is definately not normal. I checked with a friend who owns a newish audi a4 and he had the same issue and said it might be the electronic throttle controller?

Has anyone else had this issue?

Cheers

CB7_OWNER
10-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Are you in the right gear when you give it past 50% throttle? If your going like 30km/h and your floor the pedal the car is probably going to struggle and lug because your in the wrong power band? If your going about 70-80km/h and it only happens when you accelerate, could be your driveshafts or something related to your driveline. Have you checked your engine mounts?

jzx_andy
10-03-2011, 07:03 PM
After more trial, it seems the throttle is OK, but the car resonates in any gear around 50-60km/h. Weird :S

CU2 Euro 09
13-03-2011, 06:01 PM
That's definitely not normal. What year model is it? Shouldn't be getting vibrations like you describe.

shmivic
16-03-2011, 04:34 PM
more details req.

is the car slammed?

does it have an e-throttle controller fitted?

does it have more than 5deg neg camber on the rear?

tire condition?

fuel ron rating?