PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump Problems

JohnnyWalked
10-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Need help on my fuel pump

car is a honda eg with b16a

so the battery voltage is at 12.7 which is roughly where it should be

but when i measure the voltage of the fuel pump wires its only at 6.85

i have both the stock and a walbro, tested the wires on both and nothing when i turn it over to ignition

have checked my fuses in the car and engine bay

help please ><"

rotary_snail
10-03-2011, 07:54 PM
If your getting voltage at the consumer, then it won't be a blown fuse obviously. When are you getting the 6.85v? Ignition on, engine off? When cranking?

It could be a bad contact on a relay. Or you have a resistance problem along the wires. Won't be and open circuit anywhere, otherwise you would be getting your battery voltage there, and won't be a short, due to no blown fuse.

So if it was me. Would start by checking all connections upstream of the pump, including relays ect.

JohnnyWalked
10-03-2011, 09:36 PM
yeah pretty sure its not blown fuse but you know just putting it out there that i checked it XD

im getting 6.85v when ignition is on

strange thing is i got it started the other day, havent touched much since but doesnt mean i didnt touch anything lol but will double check everything

and yeah uummm wheres my relays? kinda noob with things like that lol

am i able to just hook it up to another ground and ignition wire somewhere?

edit: checked what i played around with and everything seems fine

rotary_snail
12-03-2011, 07:59 AM
There should be a ground in the boot you could use, or just get a spare battery and hook that up to your +ve and -ve terminals. But that won't be showing anything other than the pump works fine, which assuming the voltage supply is your only problem, it should.

If your gunna have a crack at fixing it yourself, get a workshop manual and start reading. Relays in most cars will sit under the dash, near the ecu or in the engine bay fuse box. But it's pointless if you don't know which is which. From what i've heard of you honda guys, the main relay controls power to your fuel pump, and apparently they do **** up.

Benson
12-03-2011, 04:05 PM
The main relay in your honda is located right next to the in cabin fuse box. Its a brown looking rectangle object. Change it over with a proper working one and test it out

JohnnyWalked
25-04-2011, 12:34 PM
thanks problem solved

trism
25-04-2011, 03:09 PM
was it a relay?