PDA

View Full Version : Fuel System Setup

zel05
10-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Hi

Just interested in getting some commentary about my proposed fuel system.

To give a little background, Eg / b18cr / jackson racing supercharger / LHT intercooler. The plan is to run on e85. Car is track only.

Have purchased an 18L fuel cell which replaces the factory tank.

The new fuel cell does not allow for an intank pump, so obviously will need to run an inline setup.

Can anyone find anything immediately wrong with the proposed setup. I'm not concerned about overkill, as future engine plans may require larger fuel delivery capacity.

Tank -> filter -> 044 -> fpr -> fuel rail (ID1000's) -> return. I plan on using -6AN feed and return lines. (can change the size of these lines if future requirements demand it).

Obviously I have a fair idea of what is going on...I am just not 100% sure about no intank pump. Will the 044 manage to do what it needs to do on its own? The tank is baffled and sumped.

thanks

Michael

mugen_ctr
10-03-2011, 07:11 PM
is the tank gonna have a baffle in it? as u dont wanna starve of fuel when cornering hard

zel05
10-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Yes the tank is already baffled in the sump area

mugen_ctr
10-03-2011, 07:29 PM
id say the system is good to go, sounds like ur thought this out very well, some ppl i know have gone a differnet route, Fuel tank> external pump> Surge tank 2liters> Main pump> FPR> Fuel rail> return..
But id say that system is more so used on high powered cars or serious track cars...

zel05
10-03-2011, 07:34 PM
ok cool well a surge tank or twin pumps can be added into the system down the track when/if the power needs it. Just wanted to make sure there would be no issue with the 044 running the show without the help of an intank.

fatboyz39
11-03-2011, 07:34 AM
One 044 should be good enough 400-500hp. 18L tank, depending the dimension a surge tank is not needed. Just have a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail when tuning and see if it drop in the high rpm under WOT, if it does then crank the fuel pressure up or add another 044.

mugen_ctr
11-03-2011, 03:16 PM
One 044 should be good enough 400-500hp. 18L tank, depending the dimension a surge tank is not needed. Just have a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail when tuning and see if it drop in the high rpm under WOT, if it does then crank the fuel pressure up or add another 044.

im not sure, but is it necessary to run two pumps should that occur? would it be better to have a better revised fuel tank setup? or could be as said the fpr which could be the limiting factor to the lower fuel pressure.... and worse case causing the vehicls tune to lean out on wot

Benson
14-03-2011, 12:41 PM
drop in fuel pressure is a result of inadequate fuel supply to fuel rail

DLO01
14-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Can anyone find anything immediately wrong with the proposed setup. I'm not concerned about overkill, as future engine plans may require larger fuel delivery capacity.

Tank -> filter -> 044 -> fpr -> fuel rail (ID1000's) -> return. I plan on using -6AN feed and return lines. (can change the size of these lines if future requirements demand it).

Yes. Put FPR 'after' fuel rail and injectors otherwise you'll have problems.

zel05
14-03-2011, 03:21 PM
ok woops yep...thanks for that...hadn't noticed I had written it that way.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Pretty happy with how the responses. A single inline 044 will definately do what I need and it will work. Guess its time to sell the old, in with the new.