PDA

View Full Version : iffy headlight?!

KillerTofu
10-03-2011, 08:42 PM
hey guys.

thought this might be a common problem , like the cluster light dodge in the eg's.

i've got an eg hatch, and my left head light seems to play up a bit lately.

i don't think it really comes on at all, but my friend + dad said they've seen it flicker and such.

anyone had this problem?

would it be the bulb, terminal, wiring,etc??

all help appreciated :)

fyi, my parker (stage 1) light on the same side works fine.

xclusive_eg8
10-03-2011, 09:53 PM
try new bulb, then check wiring.. A wire might be bit cut somewhere or might be loose in connection....At least its turning on sometimes

dougie_504
10-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Check the metal wire clamp that holds the bulb firmly inside the rubber boot on the back of your headlight (check it from inside engine bay). If it's stuffed or not present at all then the headlight will flicker as the car drives because the circuit will be turning on and off with bumps/vibrations.

dougie_504
10-03-2011, 11:19 PM
Here I took a photo for you.

Remove the black rubber boot (top right) and see if the wire clamp is securing the bulb or not. If not then the circuit will disconnect as I previously stated, causing a flickering effect. The clamp is secured here on the left, bends forwards in the middle to touch the back of the bulb, then secures under that little bracket on the right with some encouragement.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k158/dougie_504/11032011224.jpg

dougie_504
12-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Did you fix it?

KillerTofu
12-03-2011, 04:40 PM
hey dude! thanks so much for that, i'm gonna go check now, just had a bit of drizzle, so gonna check it out.

thanks heaps! will let you know how i go :D