PDA

View Full Version : 1995 honda accord a/c not working help!!!

B18R
11-03-2011, 01:05 AM
i just recently purchased a 1995 honda accord vtis the a/c got regassed last year and it was working fine and suddenly it stopped working... nothing lights up i checked the fuse the fuse is fine under the dash can anyone help...

s2kme
11-03-2011, 02:05 AM
try and check the relay there might be one or use a test light and check the actual fuse see if there is power going to it while the car is on idle and just try and source the problem this way or u could try and replace the ac unit in the dash where it lights up, or u could get a auto electritian to check it out and just go from there but these things in honda's can be costly ur cheapest alternative is try and find the problem urself when u give up send it to an electritian they should be able to help u out

mr_vti_s
11-03-2011, 12:18 PM
you got the jdm unit huh? the one with the led screen? if so, check the actual unit see is there any burnt wire, or damage on the circuit board
this problem happen to me aswell and what i did is i just changed the whole unit, (i changed my unit twice already) hoping the third one will last me longer, ppl say its an actual problem on accord "vtis" model... let me knw how u go

B18R
11-03-2011, 01:19 PM
ill check today yea its the LED screen ill take it out and check and thanks s2kme and mr_vti_s ill try and check if there is any power going to it... or if the circuit is burnt out

beback
11-03-2011, 01:45 PM
probably another dead LED a/c contol unit, bring it to electrician may probably cost more than you source one in ebay. I got mine lil more than $100 (probably somewhere between 100-150 can't remember, of course it is a 2nd hand one but it works and in good cosmetic conditoin).

It may be best if you can google the service manual prior taking the a/c head unit out, there are some hidden screws under/behind the dash. I remember two under the a/c control unit, one behind the rear demise button and one behind the cruise control ON button, I reckon if you want to take the a/c head unit out you have to remove the INSTRUMENT CLUSTER PANEL as well. Good luck

mr_vti_s
12-03-2011, 08:30 AM
i tried that before bringing the unit to an electrician he said the unit is fine and he cant find any sign of damage or burnt on the circuit board, if i really wanna go further like fully checking everything it will cost me arms n legs so better source a second hand on ebay, or wreckers.

when changed my second unit i got it from melbourne which cost me bloody $300 shipped. and last me about 1-1.5 years then gone again
this time for my 3rd unit i got it from ebay, cost me 110US, n im hoping this time it will last me longer..

CraterTycho
13-03-2011, 08:44 PM
faulty climate control unit on our cd5 is a common issue, as well as the ABS unit. so yea like what other saids, try to replace the unit before you go to any electrician ( thats if you can source another control unit).
FYI i am using my second set now.

mr_vti_s
14-03-2011, 12:51 PM
i got liek 2 units sitting at home FML lol

Troy
14-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Can you replace it with non-climate control edition? Screen and all would be cool but sounds like a hassle. My VTI has the standard knobs version, works like a charm, cold as.

mr_vti_s
14-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Can you replace it with non-climate control edition? Screen and all would be cool but sounds like a hassle. My VTI has the standard knobs version, works like a charm, cold as.

i think u can, but its gonna be a hassle i was gonna do that before to change the jdm unit to analog ones but ppl say its gonna be a big job and noone has done it yet, but its possible...

Troy
14-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Probably just change the whole dash over from a wreck. Or sell it and get VTI model instead of VTI-S. LOL.