PDA

View Full Version : Distributor Oil Seal

raid
11-03-2011, 07:45 PM
I have oil leaking into the distributor. I have replaced the O-ring, so it appears to be a faulty inner seal.
Can this seal be replaced?

It looks like the shaft may lift straight out once you remove the cam drive and the plate that sits under the rotor button. However, I have removed all of the screws that appear to be holding this plate but it does not seem to want to come loose.

The 92 Helm manual does not seem to contain any description for pulling apart the distributor

92 Prelude 2.2 SOHC

Thanks

ouch
10-08-2011, 07:13 PM
anyone know where i can get a replacement seal for a distributor? 1991 civic ed6

raid
10-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Ouch

I am not sure if they have the same distributor as the Prelude F22A1 motor, but if they do.....

The external O-Ring that sits at the base of the distributor shaft behind the camshaft coupling can be purchased as a honda part.

The internal seal in the distributor body is not considered a honda replacement part, but it seems that it is a fairly standard size seal. I have lost the specs, but I am fairly sure it is the NOK HTC BH3888E seal.

When I was looking, it seems most of the largish bearing / seal suppliers carry it - about $10 I think