PDA

View Full Version : Looking at getting a Euro soon but have questions

connections
13-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Hi,

I want to buy a accord euro as a run around car.

I have a few questions, I have tried searching for some of these but can only find a few answers.

1. In regards to pricing of the Euro how much should I be paying, I have been looking at redbook but thats a shitty guide imo...

2. What are the key differences between all the year models, is the benefit of lux only the leather.

3. What problems should I be looking at on Euro's? I have read alot of people talking about power steering hoses and other hoses needing attention, any other issues?

If their is any thing else to know about euros please let me know thanks people.

white_ep3_civic
13-03-2011, 02:44 PM
The redbook guide for the euros is pretty accurate. Just have a look around on car sales and get a rough idea of what they are all going for. The main difference between the lux and the standard one is the body kit wheels and interior. As for the issues door lock actuators, power steering and the drive shafts shaking.

tony1234
13-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Look at an 06+Lux.Over the std.model it has 17s,HIDs,auto sensing wipers,fogs,heated seats,auto dimming mirror,leather.Reasonably priced now.Get a manual.

antony
13-03-2011, 08:27 PM
All Euros are great...

azn_k3nt
13-03-2011, 09:20 PM
brand new? std? lux? lux navi? auto/manual? oO

WarrenM
13-03-2011, 10:15 PM
It's hard to gauge what you are looking for. Are you considering new or near new, or are you considering several years old. Between the last two models, CL9 (pre-2009) and CU2 (current) there have been a lot of positive changes, but, as I've discovered, the substantial extra weight of the CU2 does make it less responsive and a bit less of a driver's car. In the CU2, the luxury model has 18 inch wheels instead of 17", fog lights, front and rear parking sensors which are enormously helpful, various other external niceties, electronic front seat adjustment with memory (critical for me, with a bad back since an accident last year), 10-speaker sound system which, to my ears, is entirely sub-standard, heated leather seats, auto-dimming rear-vision mirror (REALLY good) and some other gizmos.

Hope that helps

Good Luck
Warren

connections
14-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Hi I am looking at Second hand probably, looked at new pricing seems to be around 30k, don't see the point when I can get 2004-05 for like 13k-15k...

I just need something to park at the station and pick people up nothing fancy. I also own a e46 Bmw currently which I will sell off, had for like 3-4 years lol..

Standard or Lux I don't really mind at this stage, I am over fancy cars lol...

I just want to know if their are any issues with say a 2003 model Euro for example with e46 bmw's the year model matters. Also I would probably be looking for something with like 80,000 ks on it...Any issues around that k's range to look at like timing belt or other little issues.

I know euro's are good reliable cars that why I am looking at them..Owned a few Hondas in the past, so I know good workshops too..Probably looking at Auto too...

chuboy
14-03-2011, 05:22 PM
In that case for a runaround you can't go past the standard CL9 - anything up to '08 will do the trick. If you don't want/need the heated leather seats, fancier sound system etc, the standard version is identical mechanically and will give you really trouble free motoring without having to pay the few grand extra.

My 2006 car is worth about 17-19k with 80k on the clock but you can vary by thousands depending on k's travelled and city over highway driving. Most recent mechanical check reported no current problems and only one 'watch item' (hints of front suspension wear which I suspect was the fault of the last owner who left maintenance like checking tyre pressures up to the mechanics :thumbdwn:).

Anyway, you really can't go wrong if you have full service history, there are enough specimens around that you can afford to walk away if the seller doesn't have it. Hondas will last for decades maintained properly :)

lor012
14-03-2011, 05:25 PM
i picked up a 03 Euro lux (auto) just over a year ago for about $17 500 with about 105 000 on the clock..
did have issues with the power steering but i bought mine from a dealer so it was all covered under warranty...
my personal opinion would be to go the lux... ive driven a standard and it was just nooooo where near as comfy to drive.. up to you tho..
do some research tho.. find out if the ownder had what problem and if they got it fixed... apart from the power steering hose i havent had a problem with her :)