PDA

View Full Version : Snapped compensator arm

Mikecivic78
13-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Today I installed new rear pads and guy came over and machined my discs. All went well, but... I noticed that on the right rear the compensator arm that's connected to the rear trailing arm has snapped in half. Shortly after I installed my CTR rear swaybar at the end of last year, the right endlink broke, so maybe this happened at around the same time.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2lcpaut.jpg

My question is how much work is involved in replacing this? Does the trailing arm need to be removed, or can just the compensator arm and bushes be replaced?

Also, any ideas on how much it will cost, and can I get away with just doing that one side?

Mega pissed

Mike

mugen_ctr
13-03-2011, 05:23 PM
u will need to pull off the whole rear trailing arm assembly, ive taken the whole rear assembly off before, its not alot hassle, just takes time to take it off... u will need to dc all brake lines an hand brake lines which is a pain in the ass, hand brake lines just dc from the hub

Replace all the bushes while its out, thats my advice, since its all out, and also, this is the first ive heard of a compensator arm snap!!!! how does that happen lol

Mikecivic78
13-03-2011, 06:48 PM
Haynes manual says that you can remove/replace the arm without taking apart the trailing arm assembly, Can anyone confirm/disconfirm this?

Benson
13-03-2011, 08:07 PM
No need to drop the trailing arm. Undo the 2 bolts and slide it out. Replace it and tighten it back up

Pm me if you need one

fuzionz
13-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Is that the Toe adjustment arm? If so damn....

Like benson said just two bolts, but do a wheel alignment afterwards.

mugen_ctr
13-03-2011, 09:11 PM
No need to drop the trailing arm. Undo the 2 bolts and slide it out. Replace it and tighten it back up

Pm me if you need one

really? some mech said i have to.... never taking there word of advice lol

fuzionz
13-03-2011, 09:13 PM
really? some mech said i have to.... never taking there word of advice lol

Maybe if it's too tight or round off then fair enough, but no need to remove rear trailing arms

fatboyz39
13-03-2011, 09:21 PM
That's a first i've seen....

grifty
14-03-2011, 12:08 AM
you might need a big screwdriver to convince it to get out sometimes.

Mikecivic78
15-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Props to Benson for sourcing me a new arm.

Going to install + wheel alignment on Monday. Hopefully all goes smoothly.