PDA

View Full Version : 20inch rims on a euro

imprezu
13-03-2011, 11:20 PM
hey guys i was thinking of gettin 20 inch rims on my euro 05 model. but i wanted to get peoples opinion on em...would it make the ride less comfy? and would i have to rolls the guards and so on? I still have the stock ride height and havent lowerd the car or anything yet..

Oz_Striker
14-03-2011, 06:24 AM
IMO 20 inch rims would look sh*t, but that's just what I think, and they will lower the performance of the car (which may or may not be important to you). It's just personal preference. If the car isn't lowered then they should fit ok without scrubbing depending on the width and offset of the wheel. If you do lower the car, it will depend on how low you go as to whether you need guard work or not and whether you upgrade to adjustable camber arms or not.

Sent from my iPhone using taptalk

xjm
14-03-2011, 07:56 AM
im currently driving a family members car on 20 inch low profiles, it has leather seats and it was stock ride height, i didnt find no discomfort but alot of road noise, possibly from the tyres when just driving in gear 1. that was the only annoying thing as the drone was quite loud. but no issues with turning or handling.

You can have tasteful rims at 18/19 and abit of negative camber.

imprezu
14-03-2011, 11:54 AM
hey ozstriker and xjm thanks for the reply. Yeh i was thinkin that 20s would have negative effects on perfermance...i had another idea which was getting 18s and dropping it where the wheels are just above the guard

Oz_Striker
14-03-2011, 05:56 PM
im currently driving a family members car on 20 inch low profiles, it has leather seats and it was stock ride height, i didnt find no discomfort but alot of road noise, possibly from the tyres when just driving in gear 1. that was the only annoying thing as the drone was quite loud. but no issues with turning or handling.

You can have tasteful rims at 18/19 and abit of negative camber.

You'll find the road noise will be due to a combination of the large wheel size and weight of the wheel and the smaller profile of the tyre's side wall. Is the road noise in first gear apparent when your driving normally/sedately? or when your hitting vtec? lol because if your getting bad road noise from your tyres it won't usually only be in first gear, it will be in multible situations.

hey ozstriker and xjm thanks for the reply. Yeh i was thinkin that 20s would have negative effects on perfermance...i had another idea which was getting 18s and dropping it where the wheels are just above the guard

IMO i wouldn't go any bigger than an 18 inch wheel on a Euro because i think going anything bigger makes the car look out of proportion and i'm a performance based car enthusiast too, but this is just my opinion. If you like 20 inch wheels then get them, it's up to you. One thing i will say is if you do decide to lower the car do it properly and right the first time, don't cheap out because you will regret it. If you cant afford a decent piece of kit straight away, save until you can so that your happy with the results

av90
14-03-2011, 06:53 PM
chromies?

Oz_Striker
14-03-2011, 08:40 PM
chromies?

*face palm* you mean polished dinner plates lol

imprezu
14-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Hey ozstriker i was leaning towards getting the Eibach springs since its been getin good reviews and stuff. I duno bout coil overs though cause i wont b takin the car out on the track.

curtis265
14-03-2011, 09:49 PM
u need work t1s. then 20's are ok

honda_zivic
14-03-2011, 09:52 PM
20s will fit euro, just need guards rolled. ride quality will be abit more bumpy but not much,
also suggest u get full coilovers kit.

imprezu
14-03-2011, 10:21 PM
yeah its a mind fck dealing with this...ive made up my mind and getin coilovers first than getin 20s later lol..thanks for the help

imprezu
14-03-2011, 10:43 PM
i got another question lool...if i was to get the coilovers first than rims..obviously the guys hus putting the rims can adjust the coilovers right or i gota take em back to the place i got em done...cause ill have no clue in doing it

honda_zivic
14-03-2011, 11:00 PM
yes or u can adjust em coilovers. u need to jackup d car then twist it to wateva u want.
reason i suggest coilovers is because when u lower ur car more than 1.5" drop, u most likely blow the stock shockers. so hence just do it right and get full coilovers.
coz if the shocks blow, ur car will ride like a boat and obviously u dont want that, unless u like going into a tree or sumshit.

do it this way mate, guards+coilovers+rims.

imprezu
14-03-2011, 11:06 PM
yes i shall..thanks for the advice :)

aero
14-03-2011, 11:14 PM
or be even more baller n get urself some airbag suspension. that way u can lower and raise ur height with the click of a button... lol

imprezu
14-03-2011, 11:19 PM
lol im not too keen on spending 3k

MWAKU
15-03-2011, 12:25 AM
imo 20s would look awesome, i would but i cant afford the rubber n shit like that. i would get coilovers first as u are, but im second thinking, cause of the 20s, i might as well just lower it on springs, as u dun need to go that low on 20s but im not 100% on that. thinking on 20s it will be nearly tucking alrdy

imprezu
15-03-2011, 11:25 AM
have you guys heard of kmac coilovers? do yous know if they any good? i cant seem to find N+ buddy club coilovers
Theres pedders with the xa coilovers apparently top of the line stuff but is gona cost me an arm and a leg $2000.

honda_zivic
15-03-2011, 04:23 PM
kmac is gud shit, check buddy clubs on ebay. fuk pedders not worth that much.

imprezu
15-03-2011, 05:06 PM
yeh im lookin into kmacs..bc racing coilovers are pretty cheap aswell like 1200 or something to order in...haha yeh pedders asking way to much i was like wtf!

imprezu
27-03-2011, 03:00 PM
hey guys is it a defect installing coil over springs? and will the insurance companies go nuts over it?

MWAKU
27-03-2011, 03:46 PM
it is a defect (anything besides stock on a car is defectable). defects are all dependent on the cop you get. when u just get pulled over, cops will just mainly check for ur tyre thread, if u car is above legal limit, pod filters and shit like that. insurance company wont go nuts, they will increase ur premium most prob to cover the mod, if not, and u get into an accident, and they find u had coilovers, if or if not the coilovers had any part in play of the accident, they will most probably void ur claim

so

1. just get insurance to cover it ull be fine
2. dont go extremely low and keep it above legal limit youll be fine

curtis265
27-03-2011, 04:02 PM
FUARK! mwaku, i have my shocks replaced with koni yellows and DC5S rims. Is that stuff insu needs to know?

MWAKU
27-03-2011, 04:17 PM
i doubt it, they usually void if it it was responsible for the accident. say for example ur coils bottomed out and u lost control, then they'll void ur claim...

it is better that insurance knows, all my cars, i've gone without telling insurance about any of my mods, its up to you really. sometimes the premium will stay the same, who knows. ur better off calling ur insurance company rather then asking some fella on the net lol

in ur case i wouldn't even bother telling em lol

imprezu
17-04-2011, 01:00 PM
yyeeooowww....ive gone for the luxury look, got the angel eyes happening and the 19inch with a 1 finger gap..anywaiz you guys rekon if i had a SRI i would be not goin with the theme?

craigosrepz
18-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Hey mate, I got a older accord on 20s. Easy fit i the guards didn't even roll them at all I did cheap out on tires thought went from Toyo Proxies to Achilles but I have just had a new addition to the family so can't justify spending lots of cash at the mo.

The 20s weren't my first choice but they suit the style of my accord and fill the gaurds better than the 17s 18s and 19s I had on it before.

So good luck with your accord. Heres a picture of mine. I use to have it sitting lower than what it is and it was a ruff ride so I raised it up 1.5inchs and its still pretty low on koni yellows/sleeve kit.

Cheers.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/592/imag0108gv.jpg

imprezu
18-04-2011, 11:17 PM
nice man..i like the choice of rims! thanks for the input..ill stick with the 19s for now ill post up a pic of mine soon