PDA

View Full Version : s2000 problem has any1 had this problem

jonezy
14-03-2011, 02:20 AM
Hey guys jus seing if any of use had this problem on ur s2000 wen im at the lights and i come to take off it jerks and feels like it wants to turn off when i rev it goes away only sometimes happens wen i pull up at lights? And if your gonna ask wat fuel i use its usually Vpower or bp ultimate 98 octane.

euromandeluxe
14-03-2011, 10:48 AM
yup, it happens to quite a few.
try resetting the ECU or giving the MAP sensor a 'whack' - search s2ki for map whack if you want to know how.

resetting the ECU made it better for me, but sometimes it still happens.

pull the master fuse or unplug the battery, let it sit for about ten minutes, then plug it back in, fire the car up and let it idle for 2 cooling fan cycles. see how that goes.

good luck, and also next time can you please use a better thread title man, you'll get more replies that way :)

biggame
15-03-2011, 10:15 AM
usually happens to me after if i've been idle for periods of time such as heavy traffic or waiting in drive through... i always thought it was attributed to heat sink... usually goes away after i get going...

ncmx5
15-03-2011, 07:31 PM
i always thought it was attributed to heat sink...

get a better CPU cooler.

biggame
15-03-2011, 11:29 PM
get a better CPU cooler.

lol i mean heat soak :)

zhong
16-03-2011, 09:10 AM
What I did that IMPROVED it:

- Ensured Radiator Fans were working properly
- Cleaned IACV Valve
- Cleaned Throttle Body
- Tightened Throttle Cable (This one by far, helped the most)
- Changed Spark Plugs
- Reset ECU/Clean/Whack MAP sensor

I don't really get it anymore, but I haven't really driven start/stop for ages... I have noticed though, that when it does happen, it's drives that last longer than an hour in start/stop environment - always 3 bars (coolant temp).

Goodluck!

STAiN MASTER
22-03-2011, 05:01 PM
I had a engine light come because I changed my exhaust and my rev's used to drop constantly, found out the (TPS) trottle position sensor was faulty, once I changed this from another throttle body I never had this problem again.

JJ-LOVER
22-03-2011, 06:39 PM
ya...check ur trottle position sensor coz it can cause rev up and down when idle also engine light on if it was faulty....
u may not have to change a new sensor coz it can be adjust the position of the sensor itself....a new one from honda cost u $495....
gd luck

STAiN MASTER
22-03-2011, 09:18 PM
ya...check ur trottle position sensor coz it can cause rev up and down when idle also engine light on if it was faulty....
u may not have to change a new sensor coz it can be adjust the position of the sensor itself....a new one from honda cost u $495....
gd luck

$100 inc labour,, 2nd hand TPS.