PDA

View Full Version : Does a dc2r bonnet straight fit onto a vti-r hood

nwa111
14-03-2011, 06:06 AM
well i got a carbon fibre bonnet it fits perfectly on my mates car but when i tryed it on my vti-r the latch was too short any way of fixing that?

Zilli
14-03-2011, 07:52 AM
how short was it? a couple of cms at max? if so, thats just the design of the carbon fibre version of the bonnet... they have varying levels of fit and finish

nwa111
14-03-2011, 02:39 PM
lol your right its only about couple centimeters off it goes down first click but it wont click on second to get it fully down im full spewing..

Zilli
15-03-2011, 08:15 AM
the only thing i can think is to drill new holes where the hunge sits to bring it down a bit, but then it wont align at the top

u mad?
16-03-2011, 06:41 AM
what brand is it?

grifty
16-03-2011, 07:55 AM
loosen the bonnet lock and try to push it up abit, they do have some adjustment.

DCZ 18C
16-03-2011, 08:56 AM
slap up some pictures might help a little

androo
21-03-2011, 04:21 PM
If it fit your mates DC2R perfectly then it should fit yours perfectly. There is NO DIFFERENCE in bonnet hinge/latch design between Type R's and the lesser Integras (Why would Honda redesign a latch and manufacture different latches for the sake of it being a type R when the shape is the same?)

I have a Type R hood on my integra currently (small ding in old one). Perfect fit. Of course, just the same as car doors, when you've removed it and put it back on, you generally have to readjust it. Just loosen the bolts on each side so that there is plenty of play and close it. You'll still be able to move it around a bit and you will see it fits fine. Then open it carefully and start tightening each bolt and adjusting it until it is right. This should be done with 2 people.

Also, carbon bonnets often don't fit perfectly like anyone on this forum can tell you. Unless it is branded, it's unlikely that it will be perfect. Good luck