PDA

View Full Version : aircon slight jerking issue

soongster
15-03-2011, 10:58 AM
hey guys,
when i turn my aircon on, i notice that there is a slight constant jerk in the engine. Its not a significant jerk but enough to annoy me and make me feel like throwing up. when i turn the aircon off the problem goes away, any ideas on how to fix this? its still damn hot here and when i drive i need the aircon

note: jerking does not stop until aircon is turned off..

jerk clarification - its like when u tap and hold the accelerator for 1-2 seconds and let go.. 2-3 seconds interval in between

rotary_snail
15-03-2011, 04:06 PM
What engine is it? Carb or Injected? If it's carb, maybe check your high-idle. If it's injected check the solenoid or whatever it is that picks the idle up.

drgtr
16-03-2011, 09:39 AM
Could be the compressor or clutch on it not kicking in and out properly. Have that tested.
Also when the aircon is on the Idle Air control Valve is used to hold the idle steady. This could be playing up while you are driving .
If it is an older car. Take it off and give it a good clean with CRC contact cleaner

rotary_snail
16-03-2011, 04:00 PM
If the aircon is working, then it can't be the compressor clutch. Is it working?

soongster
17-03-2011, 05:38 PM
sorry for the vague ifor guys, its a gen 3 crx with a B16a inside.

Air cond is working, only gets cold when i drive, so thats the compressors fault right?

Ive cleaned out the IACV and the FITV cos i had idle issues as well, but its settled already. so those two are ruled out

grifty
17-03-2011, 06:54 PM
have u tried resetting the ecu?

drgtr
19-03-2011, 07:25 AM
Do the cheap stuff first then.

CHange plugs
Leads
Dizzy cap
Dizzy rotor.

rotary_snail
19-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Why would you do any of those things? =S They have nothing to do with the aircon being on/off. If it was any of those, it would be a constant issue. To narrow the issue down, pull the a/c belt off and try to see if the fault still occurs. If it does, be looking at whatever components raise your idle, whether it's a solenoid, or a valve, ect. If it doesn't occur, then looks like a faulty compressor.