PDA

View Full Version : difference between h7 and h1 bulbs?

MWAKU
15-03-2011, 09:55 PM
anyway i ordered h1 bulbs but i got h7 ones instead, i didn't realise this, so when i installed the hid kit, i had to cut a portion of the plastic bit underneath the bulb to fit it properly and fiddle with the wire clip and bend n this that to get it to clip over it.... now everything works bla bla, but is there a difference between the two? other then just the bottom seems to be a different size?

because i oreded 6000k h1, it seems i got h7 bulbs, and they look like 8000k, is it fine to keep running it the way i am, or should i get h1 bulbs, because these bulbs are really blue and im not feeling it at all....

when i first switch em on, they are white, then they quickly go from purple to this white, but more so blue. is it because im using the wrong bulbs? or would it not matter as the bulbs are just for fitting size, and fitting h7 into a h1 set up would not affect the color?

MWAKU
15-03-2011, 10:05 PM
im assuming that having a h7 bulb in a h1 housing would create a different light pattern? so does this change the color/temperature aswell? probably why its emitting more blue then white????