PDA

View Full Version : Audio/sound system help!

DEIFIC
15-03-2011, 10:24 PM
hey guys..
i have a 2005 lux i want to put in a sub & amp for some extra bass..only thing is i dont have an aftermarket headunit..dont really want one as i like the stock headunit.
i have an issue tho. how can i connect the amp to the stock headunit. i dont know much about it but i know something about an rf converter or rcm cable..idk.
please help!!

hiepy
15-03-2011, 10:46 PM
You can go to Jaycar or any car audio place.
Get yourself a Hi-to-Lo converter.

So you wire your deck speaker cables into the converter, to output RCA cables for the amp.
Or these days you can buy an amp that accepts Hi-level inputs then you can just wire it to the deck speaker outputs.

edit:- forgot to mention because of doing it this way, you don't get full sub output control

shmivic
16-03-2011, 04:29 PM
+1 for the Jaycar high to low convertor, only $15

you will need a 4 channel amp to re-power the speakers you disconnect for the Jaycar's input btw.

x2 chan for the 2 speakers and two for bridging or a dual coil sub

white_ep3_civic
16-03-2011, 07:59 PM
It will all be the same cabling such as remote, power, earth, etc. The only difference is the rca's will plug into the high low converter

DEIFIC
16-03-2011, 08:34 PM
thanks a lot guys :D heaps of help:thumbsup:

DEIFIC
18-03-2011, 11:19 AM
ok i got the high low converter. how do i install it? can some1 give me a link or instructions ? will be great! :D

white_ep3_civic
18-03-2011, 03:18 PM
It should just tap into your speaker wire. Is your amp in the boot? If it is just tap into the rear speakers. Easy to do as the wires are just there. Then run the rca's from the high/low converter to your amp and that's it.

DEIFIC
18-03-2011, 08:17 PM
yep done! got it all done :D cheers dude