PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Successfully SC or Turbo'd their CL9 Euro in Australia???

danage
17-03-2011, 03:15 PM
as the title says.....

V8KLLR
17-03-2011, 04:06 PM
I heard there was a dude in the US that did it. I read it on a forum and I cant remember which one. k-series.org , clubrsx.com something like that. I dont see why not though. I have a K24a3 in my DC5R and Im looking down the turbocharge route down the track. Had a talk with Toda already and got a ball park figure. Im going after a Full Race turbo kit as they have worked really well with the K20a I dont see why not with a K24a3 when done properly. Have a talk with Adrian from Toda, his the professional here.

tony1234
17-03-2011, 04:43 PM
To my knowledge in Australia,no.The problems are, the ECU,the drive by wire and $$$$.I think K Pro would solve this problem but it's not cheap($1800???)

white_ep3_civic
17-03-2011, 07:29 PM
There was a thread on here that did turbo their euro. I heard they had it running and also had a few problems. Not site what happened to it? Do a search and see if you cam find it on here.

racerwannabe
17-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Yes, Himmy from Touge Tune has done it. There's a build thread and I've seen it in person.

Fredoops
17-03-2011, 09:10 PM
CT engineering sells a superchearger kit.

Problem is the ECU I believe, cause the USDM and AUDM tune are very different

marquee
18-03-2011, 11:48 AM
as the title says.....

It has been done in Australia.. The Guy lives in Darwin and has the CT Supercharger with KPro. He pulls about 220 but that is with the buddy club exhaust from memory which is 2.5" however did get a JTune Exhaust 4-2-1 Headers to 3" pipe, with hi flow cat. This will bring the kw up due to the better exhaust.

It is a sweet ride and was alot of money spent on it, I have spoken in depth about doing this, it will cost a lot of money in the vicinity of 10k as no one in australia stocks the parts.

You will need:
Comptech Charger - 4500k (US) not including postage
KPro - about 2k (US) not including postage
Labour about 2 - 3k including tune

Plus i would suggest getting a few new parts such as timing chain etc. to ensure all things run well if your spending that much money on a car I would want to spend a bit more to ensure durability.

To be honest I wouldnt spend that much money on a Accord Euro When you can buy another car for about 25k that will still beat an accord remember it is a family car and is quite funny to beat holdens and fords.

Euro08Jaz
18-03-2011, 12:58 PM
It has been done in Australia.. The Guy lives in Darwin and has the CT Supercharger with KPro. He pulls about 220 but that is with the buddy club exhaust from memory which is 2.5" however did get a JTune Exhaust 4-2-1 Headers to 3" pipe, with hi flow cat. This will bring the kw up due to the better exhaust.

It is a sweet ride and was alot of money spent on it, I have spoken in depth about doing this, it will cost a lot of money in the vicinity of 10k as no one in australia stocks the parts.

You will need:
Comptech Charger - 4500k (US) not including postage
KPro - about 2k (US) not including postage
Labour about 2 - 3k including tune

Plus i would suggest getting a few new parts such as timing chain etc. to ensure all things run well if your spending that much money on a car I would want to spend a bit more to ensure durability.

To be honest I wouldnt spend that much money on a Accord Euro When you can buy another car for about 25k that will still beat an accord remember it is a family car and is quite funny to beat holdens and fords.

How did he het it tuned for the sc? was kpro tuned and sent over by comptech?

sodaz
18-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Silverwater Automotive Services told me that they dyno tuned a turbo Euro that makes over 200kw atw. He didn't give me more details though.

snYpz
19-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Kitbkk s/c'd his car. Not sure what he is using for engine management though..

marquee
19-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Nah kpro was sent over by hondata from what i believe and tuned by Revzone from what I am aware of this may not be correct though. This car pulls 190kw atw but was dyno tested in about 38 degrees being in darwin also this was before the new exhaust was put on so i think could easily pull 210 with new exhaust and done in 20-25 degrees.

snYpz
20-03-2011, 05:11 PM
What you need to run Hondata is to get a TSX ecu, calibrate it to run with your car immoboliser and key. Then send the ecu, your immoboliser and key to hondata for reflash to run k-pro.
This is what happens last time i checked. I am looking for engine management for my car as well, but i am probably going to see if i can run something else in replacement of k-pro.

I already have an auto tsx ecu and rsx-s ecu. If i decide to not go the k-pro route, if anyones interested, let me know! =)

Fredoops
20-03-2011, 10:51 PM
It's just not worth it, spend $$$$ on turbo/Sc'in a TSX/EURO just dont make sense.

Kudos to the brave soul who did it, it would've cost thousands to boost a CL9 to gain something like 60-70kw.

Any Non GTi VAG 2.0l TSI or 1.8 TSI can gain the same KW with a $800 Dollar chip...

marquee
21-03-2011, 09:17 AM
It's just not worth it, spend $$$$ on turbo/Sc'in a TSX/EURO just dont make sense.

Kudos to the brave soul who did it, it would've cost thousands to boost a CL9 to gain something like 60-70kw.

Any Non GTi VAG 2.0l TSI or 1.8 TSI can gain the same KW with a $800 Dollar chip...

Very Very True, No point doing it you will spend 10k on SC and Could sell most of our EUROS for minimum 12k so for 22k you could easily get a lighter quicker car that will smash our cars.

Remember figures are all good but dyno's do not take in to account weight so 220kw Euro Compared to a 180kw Golf, We will be smashed.

Also if you have 10k and dont want to part with your euro entirly.

EG Civic k24 it will go much faster.

MingZai
21-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Very Very True, No point doing it you will spend 10k on SC and Could sell most of our EUROS for minimum 12k so for 22k you could easily get a lighter quicker car that will smash our cars.

Remember figures are all good but dyno's do not take in to account weight so 220kw Euro Compared to a 180kw Golf, We will be smashed.

Also if you have 10k and dont want to part with your euro entirly.

EG Civic k24 it will go much faster.

Hmmmm that is true, but some people just love their Accord Euro that much. I mean sometimes it not just about the speed or like how fast that car can go in comparison to other cars... (if I made any sense just then). It's much more unique to have a fast accord euro then a fast eg / ek civic and I guess some of the Accord Euro owners who are willing to fork out the cash or have already done that for that reason. For me 10k is asking a bit too much for me as I don't have that kind of money to just throw at my car but if I had the money I would go down this route in the future just to set aside my accord from the rest.

marquee
21-03-2011, 11:15 AM
I agree with the above entirely however my point is that supercharge is a quick fix to increase the kw, to make a unique accord i would think comptech supercharger would not be the best option. KraftWerks would probably be better but is not a bolt on kit.

I think they I will be going is to still spend the same amount except with NA mods, with the proper tuning i think you can still acheive the same output as the comptech SC however will make the car unique which is what we strive for.

I don't disagree with the SC I just think it is not the only option which should be fully explored before going down that option.

8-10k = Supercharger

8-10k (Assuming Exhaust and Intake done) = k20 head, camshafts, pulleys, coilovers, hondata intake gasket, and would probably need kpro

MingZai
22-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Yeah marquee that is also true, btw I saw a video of a supercharged tsx with 310kw.... crazy stuff.
I guess it's really up to our personal taste. But in the end imho a turboed / supercharged euro is still more unique then just getting the camshafts ect ect done as hardly any euros in australia are done up like that and much less people would have their euros done up like that. Another thing is doing all those things... is done in an overall time if you get what I mean (for example over 6 months and the cost is spread out) where as if your taking the SC option, an outright payment of approx 10k has to be made which a lot of people arn't prepared to do even when some euro owners have already spent 10k+ on performance upgrades lol. (Sorry If I don't make sense haha)
What's your HP and KW for your Euro atm?

natnat
22-03-2011, 11:58 AM
how about bi-turbo?

this guy is doing bi-turbo on mk5 R32, work is performed by City Performance Centre in Artarmon.

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr333/chaddy_028/CityPerformanceMotorCollage.jpg

the car is currently running on a set of very serious wheels - the ADV.1, it's not for the faint-hearted!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5008/5328186289_5464ca9f82_o.jpg

natnat
22-03-2011, 12:11 PM
i'm not sure if the pistons and other engine components of the K24A can handle big power increase, that should be another consideration.

i know VAG uses forged pistons on their highly tuned factory cars.

also, i'm pretty sure the RTA requires engineering certificate for such a big increase in power, which may include required upgrades in suspension, brakes, and the other lots; in order to balance the power increase. and also perhaps Recaro seats, to keep you seated while doing hard corners. The OEM CL9 seat, esp leather, is guaranteed to move you onto the passenger seat when turning right at >1 G-force.

The OEM CL9 brake rotors are small. Big brakes kits are not cheap, expect $2k and above for front n rear, and you'll also need bigger wheels to clear the calipers, and the list goes on...

and by then your $15k-$24k CL9 would overcapitalise itself to $40k-$50k. I bet the insurance will be a big hassle! and when you need to sell it, i bet i'd be though to do it at a reasonable price and it'd be a very very small market.

so, it's really for a hard core passionate Honda tuner.

a simple solution, sell the CL9, buy a basic 3 DR Golf R $50K (and wait 8-12months for delivery) or 2011 WRX $46K or Renault Megane RS250 Cup Trophee $50K and you get a stock high performance car. When you need to sell it, you will be selling it to a wide market. Insurance is easy too.

or Top One's FD2R if you want to stick with Honda :)

SPQR
22-03-2011, 09:19 PM
Has anyone gone the chemical supercharging route?

marquee
23-03-2011, 08:26 AM
Hmmmm that is true, but some people just love their Accord Euro that much. I mean sometimes it not just about the speed or like how fast that car can go in comparison to other cars... (if I made any sense just then). It's much more unique to have a fast accord euro then a fast eg / ek civic and I guess some of the Accord Euro owners who are willing to fork out the cash or have already done that for that reason. For me 10k is asking a bit too much for me as I don't have that kind of money to just throw at my car but if I had the money I would go down this route in the future just to set aside my accord from the rest.

I do understand the differences in "uniqueness" however to be honest it would be hard to find someone with internal work on a euro too. Im just putting my point of view forward.

I don't know how much im pulling atm I only have exhaust and intake all from JTune and couldnt be happier I have my intake gasket which will be installed this weekend hopefully and then will be getting a tune im hopeful to pull about 160 when tuned.

shmivic
23-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Has anyone gone the chemical supercharging route?

has been done on a K20R in W.A.

Wont release too much but with stock internals it takes a 100hp wet shot daily.

05accordeuro
10-04-2011, 03:20 PM
yeah.... FWD + Turbo/Supercharger + LWB = disaster

natnat
10-04-2011, 07:07 PM
i've heard someone recently installed supercharger to his Mk5 Golf R32, cost was $27k for the professional install plus German made supercharger unit.

plus more costs for coilovers, big brake kit and the lots.

then RTA engineer certification was required for compliance.

but, R32 is AWD :)

lukeskies
26-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Ive seen a turbocharged White euro cruising around carlingford in sydney..

trenticl
03-12-2017, 05:02 AM
Heres mine.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171202/913550afa3deabf093bd68d19e719ae5.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171202/673aae9bf68fedf29c495a6c71edcbbd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Fredoops
13-12-2017, 08:01 AM
Nice work.