PDA

View Full Version : Euro Headlight Differences

muzukashi
17-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Just a quick question,

Does anyone know if the 2006 Euro headlights are brighter then the 2004's headlights? From comparing pictures the 06 has the blue corner part whereas i don't think the 04 has them

Done some research but everywhere just says their different, but in what way are they different?

jzx_andy
17-03-2011, 10:07 PM
the corner part is just for the parkers dude, im 90% sure the low/hi beams use the same projector and bulbs

npcan2
18-03-2011, 08:17 AM
the corner part is just for the parkers dude, im 90% sure the low/hi beams use the same projector and bulbs

Yep.. all true

I want the post-facelift headlights as the parkers look really really nice. But no one ever wants to trade. :( lol

kural7
23-03-2011, 07:01 PM
dude if your talking about the parker lights there like max 10 bux on ebay.. changing them is quite a ball breakers best way is to remove front side guard above tire to get to them. unless of-course your fingers are as thin as french fries.

npcan2
23-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Lol, nah nah.. I've done that already (loss of only 4 digits).
On the postface headlights there is a blue diffuser that sits in front of the parker bulb. IMO looks sick

marquee
23-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Post Face Lift Basically uses a defuser to make the whole side of the light appear to be bright..

Pre-Face lift uses like small tube things (not the technical name) to spread the light out over the side of the light

95% sure front of head lights exact same...

Post-Face Lift parkers are brighter but much of a muchness, no one uses parkers as a light anyway if they do they should be off the road they post-facelift lights look alot more refined IMO

kural7
24-03-2011, 03:38 PM
think you can get us a picture of what your talking about? and while where on this tpoic i installed white parkers onto my car. they worked for a few days then started blinking/flashing soon after the left one cut out followed by the right one? any ideas? same thing happen to my foglights the right side one just blew on me after like a week :( and i paid top dollar from an actual store.

npcan2
24-03-2011, 11:29 PM
Pre-facelift - No parker diffuser + Yellow Clear
http://i.imgur.com/7K3bR.jpg

Post-facelift - Blue parker diffuser + Clear indicator
http://i.imgur.com/64BEy.jpg

kural7
25-03-2011, 02:04 PM
pwaa that is extremely hot.. is there anyway of modding the pre one to the post one? like maybe a simple sticker etc? or does it have to be a new kit?

white_ep3_civic
26-03-2011, 01:09 AM
Pretty sure they just fit in as they are the same shape.

Xplodin
26-03-2011, 08:19 AM
Pretty sure they just fit in as they are the same shape.

They are exactly the same. As mentioned above the only differences in the Facelift models is the Blue Defuser and the Indicator becomes clear as appose to orange seen in the pre facelift models.

and i dont think anyone with a Facelift model will change for a pre facelift.