PDA

View Full Version : Em1 exhaust Advice

Aleksa
18-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Hi I recently purchases a 2000 model em1 and have, bought a hytec tri y replica header. Now I'm after the rest of the exhaust. Was thinking a 2.25" exhaust and wanted it to be quiet.

Was thinking about mugen twin loop, but can't seem to find any for em1, i don't think they make them for em1. I know you can mod a dc2 twin loop but i'd rather get something that fits without modifications.

So what are some other exhausts that fit the em1, give reasonable gains and probably most importantly are fairly quiet?

If all else fails, was thinking of getting a custom one done and adding a xforce varex muffler, but i would rather avoid doing that. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

90LAN
18-03-2011, 02:35 PM
db8 type r one

4 door type r

mugen_ctr
18-03-2011, 02:46 PM
varex sound like poo.... my mate has one in his SSS pulsar....
I was under the impression xforce make twinloop for em1... u can mix an match if u want.... jus run a em1 axle back, than run any ek b-pipe, as they are all interchangeable

SuperJDM.
18-03-2011, 03:01 PM
i had xforce twinloop on my EM1 and sounded like ass, you can get a Apexi WS2 catback for 700-800 shipped. Mine sounds pretty nice :)
You also need some jdm headers for straight bolt on

AlexK
18-03-2011, 03:03 PM
You best bet is to do a custom cat back system with the muffler of your choise, if you want it to be relatively quiet, i think you should go for a Magnaflow Muffler, there pretty quiet or you can get a twin loop muffler, mugen, xforce etc and just get a competent exhaust shop to fit it for you, That's what i did, so now i got no drama's perfect fit and can change my muffler when ever i like.
Its worth the money, look into it :) Let me know how you go..

Aleksa
18-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Thanks guys sounds good. Yeah I wasn't thinking xforce twin loop, I was thinking the varex muffler you can turn up and down, my friend has one in his evo 8 it sounds normal, nothing crazy, he's happy with it.

But yeah prolly have to go with custom exhaust with a twin loop muffler as I still got aftermarket header to put in also. I read about the db8 type r one but then it's like almost $2k shipped from japan and it seems a little pricey, unless anyone in Australia is selling a 2nd hand one....

DNYALL
18-03-2011, 03:50 PM
If I had to do it again and my car was still on the street, I would get the Fujitsubo system and then just get the axle back extended. Just make sure you take it to a good exhaust place so that the welds looks all nice like the rest of the system :) Good quality and good power with not too much noise, win win.

duzy
18-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Fujitsubo rm01a is decent, quiet on low revs

otherwise, custom 2.25" 2 resonators, cat, and a twinloop/oval muffler

Aleksa
18-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Yeah I was looking at the Fujitsubo, but because I already have hytec replica's (not in my car yet) I'm not too sure weather they will bolt on to the header or if they only for the oem header. Would they? I have an ebay link for a Fujitsubo rm01 from the states:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200259427396&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Sent seller a email asking for shipping price so waiting on reply... Thanks...

mugen_ctr
18-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Yeah I was looking at the Fujitsubo, but because I already have hytec replica's (not in my car yet) I'm not too sure weather they will bolt on to the header or if they only for the oem header. Would they? I have an ebay link for a Fujitsubo rm01 from the states:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200259427396&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Sent seller a email asking for shipping price so waiting on reply... Thanks...

u mean the cat? all ek/em/ej use the same b-pipe so it would bolt onto the cat, im not so sure if the jdm uses a different cat to adm, mite b longer or shorter, or same

DCZ 18C
18-03-2011, 09:53 PM
cant you use an ITR B-pipe on an EM1 if you get the hangers reset..?
if you can i got one if interested :)

mugen_ctr
18-03-2011, 10:02 PM
here we go...http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?116411-Can-a-DC2-exhaust-fit-an-EK

so yes... but there words not mine hahahahahaha... jus need find a axle back...

jks24
18-03-2011, 11:15 PM
skunk2 60mm on mine dude

Aleksa
19-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Yeah i meant the cat sorry. Thanks for the info. Not too sure bout the itr b pipe though, will talk to an exhaust place when I end up getting an exhaust and see what else would be needed.

Got an email back from the ebay seller about shipping cost, it's $550, lol the exhaust must weigh 300kg... He's also got some some tein ss i'm after too, maybe if I spend thousands of dollars on his products he'll take mercy on me when it comes to shipping cost. What do you guys think?

blabla
19-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Yeah i meant the cat sorry. Thanks for the info. Not too sure bout the itr b pipe though, will talk to an exhaust place when I end up getting an exhaust and see what else would be needed.

Got an email back from the ebay seller about shipping cost, it's $550, lol the exhaust must weigh 300kg... He's also got some some tein ss i'm after too, maybe if I spend thousands of dollars on his products he'll take mercy on me when it comes to shipping cost. What do you guys think?

custom 2.25inch piping, glass cat, 2 resonators and a twinloop muffler - I am running this setup

DNYALL
19-03-2011, 04:04 PM

I'd say he doesn't want to post it, so charged you a hefty amount, if you do wanna pay that much then he'll do it... Probably wouldn't cost him anymore than $150 or so. Just guessing, its the size of the item thats the expensive bit, not so much the weight. PM JDMyard, pretty sure he had them or might still have them.

90LAN
19-03-2011, 06:25 PM
for the price people are telling you to do at a exhaust shop

adds up to a 2nd hand mugen twinloop anyway which you can fit yourself

people take their cars to exhaust shops and think they are getting a deal and a good exhaust ......
but you ever see exhaust shop exhaust resell? and if they do they are cheap as chips cos thats what they

i ve seen 2nd mugen twinloops as low as 500 and as much as 1k
and a trader had a db8r one too

Aleksa
19-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Sounds good blabla, was recommended twin loop muffler with custom exhaust earlier in this thread, but as 90LAN pointed out there is a reason why the name brands hold their value where as the custom exhausts seem to go for a fraction of their original cost. How's the sound of your setup? loud or quiet compared to a stock set up?

Yeah I'm guessing that's why he's jacked the price up. I already pm'd jdmyard and it was a fail, they said fujitsubo never made anything for the coupes and recommended the skunk2 system (though I heard they are loud as airplanes).

Yeah 90LAN your right, I am really keen on the mugen twinloop (was my original pick). But I could never find any, I would buy one for the db8r if I could find one either new or 2nd hand but I'm new to the honda scene and sourcing parts has proven difficult. I am happy to spend anywhere up to $1200 for a good system.

Anyway I have asked jdmyard if they can recommend any good quality quiet exhausts for the em1 and am waiting for a reply, so i'll update when I get a reply to see what you guys think... Thanks again for all the feedback...

90LAN
19-03-2011, 07:50 PM
you can get a jdm b pipe with a spoon st muffler for a db8r too for you car or a nice quiet set up
jdm b pipe 150-200 spoon st muffler 300-500 jdm header 500 jdm cat 150

so thats close to your budget and all bolt on

Aleksa
31-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Thanks Lan that sounds like a good idea, but had my heart set on the mugen twin loop. So finally found an exhaust and I know its been a long time. I bought an itr mugen twinloop exhaust and now I need a hi-flow cat and I need to figure out how to install it on my em1. I read up and most of the info involved ek's n modding the exhaust. So what do I need to do to get it to fit an em1, without cutting n welding the exhaust? Could I use an itr b-pipe? I think the em1 is longer then the itr so wud it bolt on too short? Any help much apprieciated... Thanks...