PDA

View Full Version : VIC Vicroads inspection

dciisir
19-03-2011, 12:00 AM
Hi All,

I was browsing through the Vicroads website and was not able to find any details.

I am planning to buy a car that is currently unregistered. It has been unregistered for about 3.5 months. Does anyone know if I get RWC, will I be required to take the car down to Vicroads for inspection or can I just bring the RWC and get new rego ? I am not sure whether it was 3 or 6 months. Also, if Vicroads inspect the car, what do they actually check ? The car has a few mods done to it like intake, suspension, exhaust etc.

Thanks

Rayle
19-03-2011, 12:56 AM
When I registered my car in October, it had been unregistered since April (~5 months). All the guy really checked was that the VIN and engine number were the same as those on the form, and on the rwc. However, you'll almost definitely need to make an appointment and bring the car down so that they can do this.

Check out http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Registration/WhatHasToBeRegistered/HowToRegisterYourVehicle/LightVehicleRegistration.htm if you haven't already.

Oxer
19-03-2011, 04:52 AM
^^That...

If you get someone who knows what they are looking at, they might question the roady and mods though, unless you are getting a legit roady and they are happy to sign off on said mods.

I usually make the engine bay look as stock as possible.

dciisir
19-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the reply. I think maybe brakes = disc + rotors may need to be changed front and back. I was thinking of getting them done later since I'm quite poor at the moment. Thats why I wanted to check what they inspect. Are extractors and pod filter legal ?

Also the car was actually de-registered by the owner instead of the rego running out. Does the 3 month thing still apply in this case ?

WATAJK
19-03-2011, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the reply. I think maybe brakes = disc + rotors may need to be changed front and back. I was thinking of getting them done later since I'm quite poor at the moment. Thats why I wanted to check what they inspect. Are extractors and pod filter legal ?

Also the car was actually de-registered by the owner instead of the rego running out. Does the 3 month thing still apply in this case ?

Pod filter must be enclosed and stabled (other will be able to correct me)
Not oiled either.
Extractors should be fine i think.

redefine
10-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Pod filter must be enclosed and stabled (other will be able to correct me)
Not oiled either.
Extractors should be fine i think.

i thought pod filter only had to be enclosed if its oil based, otherwise it just has to be secured. the no exposed at all thing is a syd thing i think

WATAJK
10-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Nah, non exposed is illegal in Victoria, hence why INJEN CAI is illegal...
Having a oiled pod filter is illegal due to the risk that its flammable.

Pod Filters are legal provided there in an enclosed box and are stable so the piping doesn't shake.