PDA

View Full Version : How many of you like the upcomming Facelift model of Accord Euro

praja6
19-03-2011, 12:18 PM
In car advice they put the pictures of the upcomming facelift model of our accord Euro.

How many of you like the new shape of the euro, eventhough its minor changes.

Personally i still like my Euro big grill than the upcomming one...

http://www.caradvice.com.au/108501/2011-honda-accord-euro-revealed-in-european-spec/2011-honda-accord-euro-8/

Fredoops
19-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Still too heavy, other than that its okay. Grill still hidous

MKI4EVA
19-03-2011, 08:20 PM
the more I notice the subtle changes the hotter it looks............shits on CL9 and looks heaps sharper than current shape in terms of looks.

antony
19-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Its basically almost identical,with clear front indicator lenses,and a chrome strip on the boot.
Looks good though,and like the new colour it is in.

buddah51au
19-03-2011, 09:36 PM
It's just a minor face lift, but as we have only seen pictures of the type S & wagon we will have to wait & see the final outcome for our market. It has been hinted that there are suspension upgrades, changes to the auto trans (be it software or different ratio's time will tell), improvements to NVH. More often than not the first facelift of a new model is generally an improvement, only time will tell. Generally Australian spec vehicles are a little different to European specs.

antony
20-03-2011, 10:16 AM
I wonder when we will see it,and also wonder if the drama in Japan will cause any local delays ???

buddah51au
20-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Unfortunately I think there will be delays after the recent disaster as I am considering it already.

kimnkk
20-03-2011, 03:46 PM
From the picture looks like it has bi-xenon lights now?

Fredoops
20-03-2011, 08:36 PM
lol@purple door inserts....
Snoop is in town.... Pimpin....
http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/2011-honda-accord-euro-6.jpg

albii
20-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Those seats and trim look very similar to my MPS leather suede combo.

WarrenM
20-03-2011, 10:03 PM
I like it. More sporty than either the CL9 or the CU2. Is it even heavier than the current model? I hope not!

praja6
20-03-2011, 10:17 PM
We will wait and see the actual model to arrive and see the trim color is same as in the uk version. I think the weight going to be the same as the CU2.

THe question is what is the driveaway price going to be for the facelift model.

Fredoops
20-03-2011, 10:46 PM
IT cant possibly raise, considering the competition...

VW's reported to be ramping up production of the Mexico facility for the Jetta, VW said they'll charge less than $30k for the new Jetta later this year.

Honda can't just stand there and watch themselves being undercut by VW.

Source:http://www.carsguide.com.au/site/news-and-reviews/car-reviews-road-tests/volkswagen_jetta_review1

buddah51au
21-03-2011, 09:31 AM
The Jetter is a smaller car than the CU2, so it basically is in a different class. Then you have to compare the build quality of a car built in Mexico vs Japanese quality ..... I know what I would prefer.

tony1234
21-03-2011, 11:16 AM
The Jetter is a smaller car than the CU2, so it basically is in a different class. Then you have to compare the build quality of a car built in Mexico vs Japanese quality ..... I know what I would prefer.

Agreed.I've got a 06 CL9 built in Japan obviously and my wife has an 09 civic VTiL built in Thailand and i can tell the difference,mainly the fit of the interior plastic trim.It's just not as tight as my Euro.Not to mention VW are costly to service and tend to have annoying electrical faults.

praja6
21-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Honda is known for one of the top japanese built quality. Currently only our Euro and Legend are still made in japan and honda should still keep the same japanese quality level.

Jetta also compare as a medium car, however some reason they don't compare VW jetta with Accord Euro.

buddah51au
21-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Car comparisons are done on cars of a similar size & the Jetta is considerably smaller than the CU2. A fairer comparison would be to compare the Passat with the Euro / 6 / Liberty. I purposely left out the I45 & Optima as I don't believe they compare (even though the Koreans are improving rapidly)

Type R Positive
21-03-2011, 03:26 PM
The Jetter is a smaller car than the CU2, so it basically is in a different class. Then you have to compare the build quality of a car built in Mexico vs Japanese quality ..... I know what I would prefer.jetta = expensive corolla lol!

antony
21-03-2011, 07:39 PM
The Jetta 6 has grown in size,and will now be the same size as the CU2.

VW are on a major growth spurt worldwide,and are very aggressive in Australia.

If I were Honda,I would watch very closely what VW are doing with both the 2011 all new Jetta,as well as the soon to be launched Passat........

1six8
21-03-2011, 07:52 PM
hmm...that trim appears to be only on the Type S models which apparently would not be heading down under.

besides whether it is the facelift model or prefacelift model, personally would change it to the full modulo kit straight away.

that is my 2 cents...

buddah51au
21-03-2011, 08:55 PM
The Jetta 6 has grown in size,and will now be the same size as the CU2.

VW are on a major growth spurt worldwide,and are very aggressive in Australia.

If I were Honda,I would watch very closely what VW are doing with both the 2011 all new Jetta,as well as the soon to be launched Passat........

Lets get our figures right & post facts, the new model Jetta will be closer in size to the current model Civic then the CU2. The facts are the CU2 is 100mm longer, 10mm lower & 60mm wider then the yet to be released Jetta. Then there is still the quality of a Mexican build, Hell, they can't even fit a live bank tank on a $5M yacht without sinking the boat, but that's another story. As for the Passat, the current model is in a class above price wise.

praja6
21-03-2011, 09:05 PM
I believe the jetta is assembled in Mexico and parts and engine are from Germany. Is that correct? I heard even though the civic and big accord made in Thailand, parts and engine are from Japan, just assembled.

WarrenM
21-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Lets get our figures right & post facts, the new model Jetta will be closer in size to the current model Civic then the CU2. The facts are the CU2 is 100mm longer, 10mm lower & 60mm wider then the yet to be released Jetta. Then there is still the quality of a Mexican build, Hell, they can't even fit a live bank tank on a $5M yacht without sinking the boat, but that's another story. As for the Passat, the current model is in a class above price wise.

My you guys are so precious about your CU2s! My next door neighbour loves his new VW and good luck to him! I don't find myself looking at his car each morning, but have noticed him looking at mine (maybe my Modulo sports kit has something to do with that).

The CU2 is a great car. I only know the luxury model. It has some faults, not the least of which is its power to weight ratio. As for build quality, it is the best-built car I've ever owned, better than my recently traded Mazda 6 Luxury Sports by some margin. It's drive and handling is great, once you get over the fact that it is too heavy for its engine. I would get into my Mazda and get a bit of a thrill each time I drove - a real driver's car - but a bugger in traffic. I drive my Euro and feel like I'm being caressed by my car - I have not had that in any other car I've driven, including Mercs and BMWs (not mine I'm happy to say). There is something intrinsically right about how the Euro treats you as its driver.

On the other hand, its sound system is appalling! Even the crappy sound system that I put in my first ever car about 30 years ago was better! Seriously. I think Honda marketing deserves to be bashed around the head for not insisting that they set the luxury audio level at least near (if not above) the Bose system that was in the Mazda 6 Lux Sport of 8 years ago! Do they really expect people to go on long rides being tormented by gritty treble-heavy, bass-light pseudo-music? For some, the difference between the Mazda 6 music system and the Accord Euro sound system is a deal maker/deal breaker. I've owned my Euro for 3 glorious weeks of driving. After the first few days of trying to listen to CDs and FM, I've temporarily resigned myself to talk-back radio! My nights have been spent working out how I can replace the bad parts of the sound system and turn it into a great music system. I should not have to do that!

opilot87
21-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Agreed.I've got a 06 CL9 built in Japan obviously and my wife has an 09 civic VTiL built in Thailand and i can tell the difference,mainly the fit of the interior plastic trim.It's just not as tight as my Euro.Not to mention VW are costly to service and tend to have annoying electrical faults.

Not contradicting any quality differences between Japan and Thailand, but you really can't compare the quality of an Accord Euro and a Civic and put the difference down to location of assembly. They are built to very different budgets/costs.

Ollie

buddah51au
21-03-2011, 10:20 PM
My you guys are so precious about your CU2s! My next door neighbour loves his new VW and good luck to him! I don't find myself looking at his car each morning, but have noticed him looking at mine (maybe my Modulo sports kit has something to do with that).

The CU2 is a great car. I only know the luxury model. It has some faults, not the least of which is its power to weight ratio. As for build quality, it is the best-built car I've ever owned, better than my recently traded Mazda 6 Luxury Sports by some margin. It's drive and handling is great, once you get over the fact that it is too heavy for its engine. I would get into my Mazda and get a bit of a thrill each time I drove - a real driver's car - but a bugger in traffic. I drive my Euro and feel like I'm being caressed by my car - I have not had that in any other car I've driven, including Mercs and BMWs (not mine I'm happy to say). There is something intrinsically right about how the Euro treats you as its driver.

On the other hand, its sound system is appalling! Even the crappy sound system that I put in my first ever car about 30 years ago was better! Seriously. I think Honda marketing deserves to be bashed around the head for not insisting that they set the luxury audio level at least near (if not above) the Bose system that was in the Mazda 6 Lux Sport of 8 years ago! Do they really expect people to go on long rides being tormented by gritty treble-heavy, bass-light pseudo-music? For some, the difference between the Mazda 6 music system and the Accord Euro sound system is a deal maker/deal breaker. I've owned my Euro for 3 glorious weeks of driving. After the first few days of trying to listen to CDs and FM, I've temporarily resigned myself to talk-back radio! My nights have been spent working out how I can replace the bad parts of the sound system and turn it into a great music system. I should not have to do that!

Warren, all I am saying is that when comparing cars you need to compare those from the same category / size. In the case of the Euro it's main competitors are the Mazda 6 & Liberty as they are the best 3 in their category & are all of a very similar size.

It is a known fact that the 6 is a better drive as a city car, but when you stir the Euro along it leaves the 6 behind. get it in the sweet spot from 4000 to 6500 rpm. Honda engines have always produced their best at higher RPM's.

As for the sound system I can't comment as i have only used mine 2 or 3 times in over 2 years of ownership.

At the moment I am considering updating to the facelift model when it arrives or alternatively Fitting the Modulo kit, legalis exhaust & wheels to my current car. If I go the later route it is dead money that can never be recovered, so I have some serious thinking to do over the next few months.

WarrenM
21-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Warren, all I am saying is that when comparing cars you need to compare those from the same category / size. In the case of the Euro it's main competitors are the Mazda 6 & Liberty as they are the best 3 in their category & are all of a very similar size.

It is a known fact that the 6 is a better drive as a city car, but when you stir the Euro along it leaves the 6 behind. get it in the sweet spot from 4000 to 6500 rpm. Honda engines have always produced their best at higher RPM's.

I'm yet to do any flat out driving in the Euro. It's not going to happen until I have a real music system to revel in.

At the moment I am considering updating to the facelift model when it arrives or alternatively Fitting the Modulo kit, legalis exhaust & wheels to my current car. If I go the later route it is dead money that can never be recovered, so I have some serious thinking to do over the next few months.

I would never have paid for the Modulo kit! I bought 2nd hand, and all the status accessories, which the crazy guy before me had put into the car, played almost no part in my decision or in the price I demanded from the dealer. Now that I have them, I've fallen for them and I'm really glad he was such a sucker for the pretty after-sales girl who got him to buy all that stuff! Shame she couldn't get him to buy the extended warranty which is the one thing I wanted that the car didn't have. In the Euro, factory extended warranties are probably a waste of money, but I still remember fondly the Toyota warranty I paid for, which saved me about $5000 in the fourth year and $12000 in the fifth, replacing two automatic transmissions and the entire electrical system!

praja6
21-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Warran, you can get extended warranty from Honda now as well, it cost 700 or 800 something. I got extended warranty from honda when i bought my car. Only difference you get extended warranty from the beginning and after your 3yr warranty finish is, you get free roadside assistance when you buy the warranty with the car and when you purchase the extended warranty now, you wouldn't get roadside assistance.

WarrenM
21-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Warran, you can get extended warranty from Honda now as well, it cost 700 or 800 something. I got extended warranty from honda when i bought my car. Only difference you get extended warranty from the beginning and after your 3yr warranty finish is, you get free roadside assistance when you buy the warranty with the car and when you purchase the extended warranty now, you wouldn't get roadside assistance.

Thanks. Yes I actually paid for it when I bought the car.

SPQR
21-03-2011, 11:04 PM

lol...then shakes his head as you turn away...lol.

Sorry, but imo, the less clutter on a car the purer it is to its design.

SPQR
21-03-2011, 11:08 PM
I would never have paid for the Modulo kit! ...In the Euro, factory extended warranties are probably a waste of money...

Worth having: I got my money back when the extended warranty paid for a new steering wheel and 4 shock absorbers.

BTW, I like the facelift. It makes the front look sharper; so sharp the cars in front should fear it coming lest they get cut up on the sharp edges!

antony
22-03-2011, 06:56 AM
I personally dont like the Modula kit,maked the Euro look fussy and messy,and maybee a bit more bloated too ???

It looks best as it came from the factory...

antony
22-03-2011, 07:02 AM
As for the Eiro/Jetta debate,I have owned both.

Although the Jetta is smaller,its very well designed,as its boot is bigger and more usable than the Euros,and rear seat legroom is better .

As far as build qiality goes,I started a thread,as had a lot of initial disapointments with the Euro,but I must say,that the way the Euro goes,and the enjoyment in driving it,it is absorlutely superb,expecially the quiteness and smootheness.

WarrenM
22-03-2011, 07:08 AM
I personally dont like the Modula kit,maked the Euro look fussy and messy,and maybee a bit more bloated too ???

It looks best as it came from the factory...

Curious isn't it. It isn't elegant at all. Very angular and a bit cartoon-like. But it is an angular statement which I've discovered that I really like. Go figure!

[ IV 23 VI ]
22-03-2011, 08:30 AM
It looks alot better than the current CU2, thank god they changed that ridiculous grill.
But in looks wise, I still think the Accord V6 looks more prestigious and expensiver, whilst the CU2 has that sporty edge to it.

antony
22-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Its really funny,I hate the look of the normal Accord,I would never have one ,it looks like an old mans car,and in comparison,A Camry looks sporty and stunning...

On the other hand,which other medium sized sedan looks as good as the Euro ???

No other in the world IMHO,thats why I bought the Euro,and every other on the road,from 2003-2011 makes me look at it twice,and I always think ...What a stunning looking car.

Sporty,classicly styled,and ageless.

Fredoops
22-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Its really funny,I hate the look of the normal Accord,I would never have one ,it looks like an old mans car,and in comparison,A Camry looks sporty and stunning...

On the other hand,which other medium sized sedan looks as good as the Euro ???

No other in the world IMHO,thats why I bought the Euro,and every other on the road,from 2003-2011 makes me look at it twice,and I always think ...What a stunning looking car.

Sporty,classicly styled,and ageless.

New Jetta looks good. And do remember in the rest of the world the euro is the same price as the Audis, BMWs, Mercedes etc.

MKI4EVA
22-03-2011, 08:42 PM
2L turbo Jetta -
Weight to Power Ratio 9.73 : 1 kg/kW

CU2 Lux - 10.84: 1kg/KW

top model vs top model...........how the hell can the CU2 keep up straight line?

praja6
22-03-2011, 09:04 PM
New Jetta looks good. And do remember in the rest of the world the euro is the same price as the Audis, BMWs, Mercedes etc.

Thats true, most of the Countries Euro is marketting as a luxuary model, only in Australia they compare the car with mid size sedan such as Mazda 6, subaru liberty.

buddah51au
22-03-2011, 10:04 PM
2L turbo Jetta -
Weight to Power Ratio 9.73 : 1 kg/kW

CU2 Lux - 10.84: 1kg/KW

top model vs top model...........how the hell can the CU2 keep up straight line?

Well, I suggest you buy a Jetta, simple as that. The CU2 is quick enough for most people, capable of double the maximum posted speed limit in this country (110kph) as well as being reliable with good build quality, good economy & good resale. But the CU2 is not a car for hoons. That's what WRX's are for.

Fredoops
23-03-2011, 12:00 AM
Well, I suggest you buy a Jetta, simple as that. The CU2 is quick enough for most people, capable of double the maximum posted speed limit in this country (110kph) as well as being reliable with good build quality, good economy & good resale. But the CU2 is not a car for hoons. That's what WRX's are for.
But Honda market it as a sports sedan (and theyve used noisy as all hell Michelin and Continentals on the cu2 to prove it). And they market it to be light on fuel at the same time, let's all be brutally honest... The economy ain't that great, especially for us city folks, I'm constantly doing more than 11.5-12L/100k on my cl9 on 98 octane. Id hate to see what the CU2 would be sipping, being almost 200kg heavier on the same engine. Wrx don't drink much more than that, and a GTi/vRS drink less than that.

Type R Positive
23-03-2011, 12:10 AM
But Honda market it as a sports sedan.Well buy a CU2 then!

Fredoops
23-03-2011, 12:18 AM
Well buy a CU2 then!

Bring on the Type-s diesel or lose 300 kilos I might consider it. Else it's a moot point

Type R Positive
23-03-2011, 12:25 AM
And they market it to be light on fuel at the same time, let's all be brutally honest... The economy ain't that great, especially for us city folks, I'm constantly doing more than 11.5-12L/100k on my cl9 on 98 octane. Id hate to see what the CU2 would be sipping, being almost 200kg heavier on the same engine. Wrx don't drink much more than that, and a GTi/vRS drink less than that.CU2 is WAY better on fuel than the CL9! I was getting the same as you with my CL9, and I get around the 8's for the same driving in the CU2. Honda have made changes to offset weight as well.

Type R Positive
23-03-2011, 12:30 AM
Bring on the Type-s diesel or lose 300 kilos I might consider it. Else it's a moot point
Diesel will never happen in OZ, and we all wish for 300kg lighter, but with steel safety frame, that won't happen either. I thought the CL9 needed more power, the CU2 needs it too.

Fredoops
23-03-2011, 12:32 AM
CU2 is WAY better on fuel than the CL9! I was getting the same as you with my CL9, and I get around the 8's for the same driving in the CU2. Honda have made changes to offset weight as well.

Good to know.

I've test driven the new Volvo s60 recently(4cyl direct injection 2.0 ltr turbo)... Thing is a beasty bugger. Now... Considering the ford falcon is getting that engine... Possibly with that 7 or 8 speed zf transmission thingy...

Were gonna get burned off the lane by taxis... And they'd drink equal or less petrol than us.

albii
23-03-2011, 07:13 AM
For me the CU2 power is more than enough. Until i drive my 3 MPS that is ;-)

antony
23-03-2011, 07:19 AM
I am really sad that we dont have the Eueo wagon,even New Zealand does.

I have spent the pasr 2 days car shopping with my cousin,who is upgrading from a 2001 CRV into a wagon.

We looked ar all,and if there was a Euro,thats what it would have been.

We are signing this week for a Volkswagen Passat 2.0 TDI wagon....very nice car also....

buddah51au
23-03-2011, 07:46 AM
The CU2 is more than quick enough for me & if things fall into place there is a strong chance I will be getting the update model later this year. As for economy, Honda Quote 12.3 city cycle / 6.9 country cycle for the Auto. This seems to be close to what most people achieve. I have traveled 35,900km as of my last fill & averaged 7.08L / 100km over that period. I doubt many cars the size of the CU2 could get close to that figure.

Type R Positive
23-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Good to know.

I've test driven the new Volvo s60 recently(4cyl direct injection 2.0 ltr turbo)... Thing is a beasty bugger. Now... Considering the ford falcon is getting that engine... Possibly with that 7 or 8 speed zf transmission thingy...

Were gonna get burned off the lane by taxis... And they'd drink equal or less petrol than us.Honda is going turbo soon! But they seriously need another 'proper' sports car. Just the JDM civic R would do here...

antony
23-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Just read tonight in goauto how Honda seem to be battling locally at the moment,and loosing market share to guess who ???

VW.

Type R Positive
23-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Everyone, not just VW...

Fredoops
23-03-2011, 11:31 PM
Everyone, not just VW...

Actually Honda australia is struggling against VW in particular. Think about Honda OZ's market position and price and look at VW's. Honda in Australia used to hold the niche between the mainstream (Holden/Toyota) and prestige (Germans). Now that VW is the same price as Honda, their niche disappeared. Honda was also known to be one of the most fuel efficient make around, VW had also taken that crown.... That leaves Honda... Nothing special, even against Ford, which had a German makeover.

Brand loyalists aside, if I wanted to upgrade from a Holden or Toyota. And the next tier of semi-prestige brand is VW, Honda, and Skoda... Which would the average consumer pick?

Seriously, there is no chance in hell for me to pick a Civic over a Golf. Or even a Jazz over a fiesta. Or a CR-V over a Tiguan... Then there's the wild card... Kia optima at $36990 is alike a euro lux with better quality interior plastic, shittier tyres, Panoramic roof and better sound system.. Better warranty And better servicing cots at a 7000 discount to the euro.

Then there is parts and service. Germans ain't that bad. I did a calculationlately... It's actually cheaper to service a VW than a Honda over 5 years. Prices for parts are on lar between Germans and Honda (which we all know how much they rip people off). So If I am goin to get screwed on parts anyway, I might as well get German.

euroRwannabe
24-03-2011, 12:12 AM
hi guys, i did a little research myself and came across these pictures:
enjoy! :)

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l175/aznvi/2011-Honda-Accord-facelift-Euro-spec-Front-Angle.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l175/aznvi/2011-Honda-Accord-facelift-Euro-spec-Rear-Angle.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l175/aznvi/2011-Honda-Accord-facelift-Euro-spec-Side.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l175/aznvi/2011-Honda-Accord-facelift-Euro-spec-Headlmap.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l175/aznvi/2011-Honda-Accord-facelift-Euro-spec-Wheel.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l175/aznvi/2011-Honda-Accord-facelift-Euro-spec-Seats.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l175/aznvi/2011-Honda-Accord-facelift-Euro-spec-Interior.jpg

in my opinion, the facelift is nothing but eye-candy to me, looks good and doesn't bother me in any way, i've grown into loving the look of the CU2 now and always will. :D

antony
24-03-2011, 05:33 AM
The CU2 is a great looking car,no doubt about that...

buddah51au
24-03-2011, 07:33 AM
Actually Honda australia is struggling against VW in particular. Think about Honda OZ's market position and price and look at VW's. Honda in Australia used to hold the niche between the mainstream (Holden/Toyota) and prestige (Germans). Now that VW is the same price as Honda, their niche disappeared. Honda was also known to be one of the most fuel efficient make around, VW had also taken that crown.... That leaves Honda... Nothing special, even against Ford, which had a German makeover.

Brand loyalists aside, if I wanted to upgrade from a Holden or Toyota. And the next tier of semi-prestige brand is VW, Honda, and Skoda... Which would the average consumer pick?

Seriously, there is no chance in hell for me to pick a Civic over a Golf. Or even a Jazz over a fiesta. Or a CR-V over a Tiguan... Then there's the wild card... Kia optima at $36990 is alike a euro lux with better quality interior plastic, shittier tyres, Panoramic roof and better sound system.. Better warranty And better servicing cots at a 7000 discount to the euro.

Then there is parts and service. Germans ain't that bad. I did a calculationlately... It's actually cheaper to service a VW than a Honda over 5 years. Prices for parts are on lar between Germans and Honda (which we all know how much they rip people off). So If I am goin to get screwed on parts anyway, I might as well get German.

There is no doubt the Koreans have come a long way & the new Optima looks the part. Actually the Optima & I45 Hyundai share the same platform / engine / gearbox / suspension (although the Optima has revised spring & damper settings). 1 major long term problem I can see is that the Auto g/box is a sealed unit meaning you can't change the oil - ever, so the g/box is a disposable item. It is safe to say that there is every chance there will be no problems within the 5 year warranty period, what will happen after that? NO OIL IS GOOD ENOUGH TO LAST A LIFETIME. So it is still a car that needs to be replaced as it nears the end of it's warranty period.

Fredoops
24-03-2011, 08:39 AM
There is no doubt the Koreans have come a long way & the new Optima looks the part. Actually the Optima & I45 Hyundai share the same platform / engine / gearbox / suspension (although the Optima has revised spring & damper settings). 1 major long term problem I can see is that the Auto g/box is a sealed unit meaning you can't change the oil - ever, so the g/box is a disposable item. It is safe to say that there is every chance there will be no problems within the 5 year warranty period, what will happen after that? NO OIL IS GOOD ENOUGH TO LAST A LIFETIME. So it is still a car that needs to be replaced as it nears the end of it's warranty period.

That's not true. The oil can be changed, there just isn't any dipstick that's all. Besides hyundai is USA is so confident with their auto trans they are offering a 20 year warranty on it (something we all know Honda will never do), remember BMW 760li also uses the life long oil system for their auto transmissions.

Oil change instruction is actually in the manual

It's the PDF file on that page:
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=24127

tony1234
24-03-2011, 08:48 AM
VW Jetta and Golf( think)is made in Mexico.I wouldn't be too keen on buying a car manufactured there!Koreans.Now there's a country to watch as far as cars go.Then there's the chinese!!

Type R Positive
24-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Seriously, there is no chance in hell for me to pick a Civic over a Golf.I would love a golf R! The missus wants an Audi TT, but they are twice the price of what it should be. Put Mercs and BMW in that basket too.

The civic is a huge step down in luxury/quality compared to the euro. Also WAY over priced. I looked at getting one, but got another euro instead.

buddah51au
24-03-2011, 10:02 AM
That's not true. The oil can be changed, there just isn't any dipstick that's all. Besides hyundai is USA is so confident with their auto trans they are offering a 20 year warranty on it (something we all know Honda will never do), remember BMW 760li also uses the life long oil system for their auto transmissions.

Oil change instruction is actually in the manual

It's the PDF file on that page:
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=24127

Taken from -http://www.caradvice.com.au/68687/hyundai-i45-review/ - Prod the throttle and the response is instant, along with equally smooth and refined gear changes from Hyundai’s own proprietary six-speed automatic transmission. It’s a sealed unit filled with transmission fluid and good for the life of the car, meaning there is no dipstick.

I recently paid a visit to my local Honda Dealer who also has a Subaru / Kia franchise & mentioned this to him. So a new Optima was on a hoist within 15 minutes, there is not only no dipstick, but no drain plug or refill plug. His comment to me was "what a fu....g joke, a disposable g/box" end quote.

I am from the old school of mechanics & replace the Auto fluid in my CU2 (or whatever car I own) every 20,000km or 12 months.

I will return to the dealer with a copy of that PDF file & investigate it further.

Fredoops
24-03-2011, 10:40 AM
VW Jetta and Golf( think)is made in Mexico.I wouldn't be too keen on buying a car manufactured there!Koreans.Now there's a country to watch as far as cars go.Then there's the chinese!!

Welcome to globalization.

All BMW SUVs are made in USA. Most hondas are made in Thailand. And a lot of fords are south African.

Also china is one of the largest auto part supplier in the world. So don't be surprised your japanese accord is assembled with Chinese parts....

MKI4EVA
24-03-2011, 04:11 PM

you tell ppl to stick to facts and when you don't you take the discussion to irrelevant points. stay on topic mate. CU2 is a great car.......but lets not all get a big head here.

buddah51au
24-03-2011, 04:29 PM
you tell ppl to stick to facts and when you don't you take the discussion to irrelevant points. stay on topic mate. CU2 is a great car.......but lets not all get a big head here.

What part of that statement is nonfactual or incorrect?

NSHonda
24-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Don't mind the new nose
Nice and agressive, especially the way the pillars for the bottom lip flare out
Rear bumper - not so fussed on

If only for a turbo diesel with around 150KW and a 7 speed manual
Will probably get the new one come Nov
Be interesting to see what accessories they come up with especially for the front - under spoiler or even the Modulo front bar. Assume they will keep the rear wing or duck tail

Fredoops
24-03-2011, 09:30 PM
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/7C37D01673B724B5CA25785A00206911

I predict a price fall or special editions for the upcoming new euro. Because Honda sales had taken a nose dive since 2007. They gonna have to cut the price to Mazda or toyota level to shift cars.

It's like watching a slow train wreck...

CU2 Euro 09
25-03-2011, 12:18 PM
To me they have stuffed the headlights. The removal of the orange tint to the indicator is good, but the loss of the inner round light to be replaced with a rectangular shape looks crap. Really a change from the heritage from the 03 model onwards.

JustRight
25-03-2011, 12:29 PM
To me they have stuffed the headlights. The removal of the orange tint to the indicator is good, but the loss of the inner round light to be replaced with a rectangular shape looks crap. Really a change from the heritage from the 03 model onwards.

Absolutely agree with that!

What the hell have they done? Put a set of DRL's across the centre of the high beams?

NSHonda
25-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Are they DRL's?
Have seen this treatment somewhere else. Can't remember the make / model for the life of me.

Agree with CU2 Euro 09. Getting rid of the orange is a good thing.

Might be the best thing for Honda to go back to their heritage, particularly given their current sales. Booked mine in for a service today. Only rang service yesterday aftenoon - not sure what that say's if it say's anything at all. Friday might be a quiet day!!

Should have mentioned that the loss of 250 kilo's would be a good thing to, but dosen't look like they have changed anything else but some exterior items. Even the Dunnydoor got bigger changes recently!!

SpeedBird
25-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Absolutely agree with that!

What the hell have they done? Put a set of DRL's across the centre of the high beams?

Looks like its Bi xenon, and DRL is the position of the high beam bulb area.

SPQR
26-03-2011, 05:32 AM

The Northern Territory v.max is 130km/h. But if the Libs get back in, they've promised to abolish the ridiculous speed limit that has had no effect except increase fatigue.

buddah51au
26-03-2011, 07:31 AM
Well, the Northern Territory is the exception, all other states have a maximum of 110kph. The CU2 tops out at an indicated 240, so allowing for speedo error it would be in the 225 - 230 area. I think Wheels Magazine stated 227 so I would say that is good enough.

NSHonda
27-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Latest Benz coupes and Audi Sportbacks have similar headlight treatments
Seem to be DRL's on these so they probably are

Just wondering what everyone is using to get rid of tar (bitumen) off the paint
Heaps of roadwork repairs in SEQ at present and am seriously sick of trying to keep the beast clean
Tar everywhere!!

JustRight
28-03-2011, 06:57 AM
Just wondering what everyone is using to get rid of tar (bitumen) off the paint
Heaps of roadwork repairs in SEQ at present and am seriously sick of trying to keep the beast clean
Tar everywhere!!

White Spirit :thumbsup: Amazing stuff.

Just re-wax the area after cleaning as the white spirit takes everything off!

tony1234
28-03-2011, 11:14 AM
White Spirit :thumbsup: Amazing stuff.

Just re-wax the area after cleaning as the white spirit takes everything off!

WD-40 is also good.Again rewax the area after cleaning.

NSHonda
28-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Thanks Guy's
Appreciated