PDA

View Full Version : Top Sellers

Savant
28-01-2005, 12:24 PM
In RACV's "Royal Auto" magazine there are a list of top sellers in 2004 for each class.

The Honda Accord won it's "prestige" division with 12564 sales compared with the second place Nissan Maxima at 5329.

Honda didn't fare as well in other divisions however;

In the 'light' class, the Jazz came in at 4th with 7360 behind the Toyota Echo with 17879

The odyssey grabbed the bronze medal in the 'people-mover' secion with 957 sales. The top seller being the Kia Carnival with 5259.

The ever popular 'compact SUV' was a very tight battle. Toyota's RAV4 claimed top spot with 13220 followed closely by the Nissan X-trail with 13050. the CR-V was 4th with 8773 sales.

The above are the only sections in which honda featured. There were twelve in total.
Good news is that i read in the paper sometime back that Honda's sales were up 23% (if i remember correctly) on 2000/01. One of the biggest movers!

bigdongers
28-01-2005, 02:19 PM
The Accord figures are a little out cause they count both the Euro and the Amero together. It is also always gonna win the Prestige segment cause its the cheapest car there and best value for money. If it were in its mid-sized segment with the Mazda 6, the Accord would not win.

As Honda doesnt do large volumes of fleet, they are always gonna find it hard to win a category. The Jazz will never beat a Echo cause the echo is cheaper by a fair margin. The CRV is also going to find it tough against the RAV4 for the same reason. I was surprised the CRV could not beat the XTrail or Forrester though. Just a few years ago, the CRV was the top selling 4wd beating even the Landcruiser. I guess the competition has hurt Honda and the others do a better job of marketing.

jackosimm
03-02-2005, 04:59 PM
nice update! the achievments just keepin rollin in:honda:

McChook
03-02-2005, 06:00 PM
The Accord figures are a little out cause they count both the Euro and the Amero together. It is also always gonna win the Prestige segment cause its the cheapest car there and best value for money. If it were in its mid-sized segment with the Mazda 6, the Accord would not win.

As Honda doesnt do large volumes of fleet, they are always gonna find it hard to win a category. The Jazz will never beat a Echo cause the echo is cheaper by a fair margin. The CRV is also going to find it tough against the RAV4 for the same reason. I was surprised the CRV could not beat the XTrail or Forrester though. Just a few years ago, the CRV was the top selling 4wd beating even the Landcruiser. I guess the competition has hurt Honda and the others do a better job of marketing.

Every class winner is usally a popular fleet buying car
Since honda don't have anything like that, excpt the Euro which is extremely popular, they never win. Echos are big fleet cars now, as are the light 4WDs - and remember, the current shape CRV is now 3 years old...

As for the Mazda 6 - it is poverty compared to a Euro (relatively..), and the 6 prices have dropped from $32990 to now being $26990...!! putting a biger gap in to separate the cars more... and the Euro is its biggest competition after the camry

civiceg9
03-02-2005, 07:46 PM
7th gen Civic don't seem to sell anymore
and I got one too :p

Disciple
28-02-2005, 11:35 PM
yer mad stuff!

civ_sik
20-05-2005, 10:39 AM
yea good work

J-MuN
20-05-2005, 03:08 PM
thats wat u get when u buy honda...!!!

**Ghost**
21-05-2005, 12:53 AM
sorry to say the 7th gen civic is a nugget... just like the accord before the current models... its the ones that no one buys : (... just a hiccup in the grand scheme of things...