PDA

View Full Version : Whats the real difference between models?

T-Rex 3
28-01-2005, 02:06 PM
Hello all,

I'm planning on buying a Honda Jazz for the missus (but also so I can drive it around) and was wondering what are the REAL differences between the Vti and the Vti-S. I've searched the forums and read that the Vti-S has a bodykit standard. Is this true? Are there any other differences external and internal?
I've seen people advertising Vti-S on the net but they don't come with the bodykit. I just want to make sure I get what I pay for.

Thanks guys

muli
28-01-2005, 02:16 PM
i think leather steering wheel, silver door handles, door/seat drim looks different, other than bodykit, wheels and fog lights not much difference

Jus-10
28-01-2005, 03:44 PM
I'm sure this has been put up here before....

The differences between the 2 are purely cosmetic. The VTi-S comes with body kit, fog lights, 15" alloy wheels and leather steering wheel. Everything else is the same as the VTi. The trim in both the VTi and VTi-S is the same. It is the GLi that has different trim. The VTi also has silver door handles on the inside.

If you have seen a VTi-S without a kit then they are either lying, or have just removed the kit, but then I can't see why anyone would do that...they should have just bought a VTi....

You could always go to a Honda dealer and check it out, or go to www.honda.com.au and check out the specs there.

ahcash
28-01-2005, 05:32 PM
T-Rex 3,

That's about what Jus-10 has mentioned... All depend on you man. I've recently got the VTi-S purely because of the look (body kit) and also the alloy wheels.. Off course, you can always add the body kit or purchase you own choice of wheels at the later stage... like what most of the guys here did...

The VTi-S is always with the body kit, don't get fooled by those people who advertise as VTi-S but no body kit..

Dreams
28-01-2005, 07:15 PM
"S" stand for Sport

Dreams
28-01-2005, 07:18 PM
i was told by their mechanic(honda)
that VTis has a different power steering compartment or something got to do with cv or something. which is bigger than the Vti or Gli ver.
bigger, they said. to acomodate the 16" wheels that comes with the package.
replacing the standard 14" is not recomended by them as any damage caused wwill not be covered by the waranty.

Thats what they said. so i was told.

muli
28-01-2005, 07:37 PM
they are 15"

spoon fit
28-01-2005, 09:33 PM
that VTis has a different power steering compartment or something got to do with cv or something. which is bigger than the Vti or Gli ver.
replacing the standard 14" is not recomended by them as any damage caused wwill not be covered by the waranty.

ur one is gli or vti?

T-Rex 3
29-01-2005, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

I went and had a look at a Jazz today, it was advertised as a Vti-S but had no bodykit so I'm assuming its just a Vti. It did have the silver door handles, but no leather steering wheel or fog lights.

Anyways, I'll update you guys on the news and hopefully soon I'll be driving around in a Honda Jazz!

RedEu
29-01-2005, 04:55 PM
lol......sorry, but thats the funniest thing i heard this week....:D

civiceg9
29-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Should get the sales guys name and get him to write the car detail on paper hehe.
and ring up Honda saying this salesman is selling me a Vti at Vtis price.

ahcash
29-01-2005, 05:23 PM
Should get the sales guys name and get him to write the car detail on paper hehe.
and ring up Honda saying this salesman is selling me a Vti at Vtis price.

I think he went to a private sale where the seller doesn't know what he is selling ...

DavidLing
29-01-2005, 10:40 PM
In my opinion, since the engine and the performance are no different between VTI and VTI-S, i will go for a VTI, coz' i perfer save that $2400 on a copy Mugen body kits and other alloy wheels. And i don't care about the leather steering wheel and silver door handles!

Unfortunately, i don't have money to afford a VTI or VTI-S!! =(

Tofu
29-01-2005, 11:05 PM

that's what honda service people told me was the difference between a base integra and the DC5 Type R...LOL

i don't know how true it is...but use your own discression....what do you think...
is it economically viable for Honda to make such insignificant difference between these two models just because of a difference in wheel size...

wyl03
31-01-2005, 08:19 AM
i don't know how true it is...but use your own discression....what do you think...
is it economically viable for Honda to make such insignificant difference between these two models just because of a difference in wheel size...

well .. as you can see by the number of VTI-S on the streets, there *IS* a demand for Jazz with kits. and if you work the sums, the additional $$$ for VTI-S is value for money.

15" rims - at least $800 (i can' remember whether the dealer quoted me 800 or 1300, but let's use the lower figure)
fog lights - $400
body kit - say 1 grand? (conservative estimate?)

then u have the leather steering, etc ...

so, there's more than a difference in wheel size and YES, pple are willilng to pay for it. so why not have supply to meet the demand?

ahcash
31-01-2005, 09:01 AM
Also, most VTi-S buyers can't be bothered buying all these additional stuff (Body kit, Wheels, Fog lights) and go around looking for people to have them installed or have the time to install them in their own garage..

Also, factory fitted is always guarantee by Honda...

crazyray
31-01-2005, 10:05 AM
no need to worry about problems later on if everything is done from factory :)

T-Rex 3
31-01-2005, 01:52 PM
Thanks again guys

The missus has bought a black VTI with the thin spoke mags. Will post pics when everything is finalised.
Just a quick question; what is the stud pattern size on the Jazz's? I'm assuming 100x4? Although it's too late I had a spare set of mags that I was going to put on the Jazz when she got it, but I think she's pretty happy with the mags it comes with.

Cheers,
T-Rex 3

ahcash
31-01-2005, 01:57 PM
I think it is 114.3 x 4

zco
31-01-2005, 02:14 PM
ever thought of looking at
www.honda.com.au ?

Philip Lee
31-01-2005, 02:24 PM
i always thought they're 4 x 100. Well i just checked on some aftermarket wheels' site and they list Fit (Jazz) on 4 x 100.

T-Rex 3
31-01-2005, 03:35 PM
ever thought of looking at
www.honda.com.au ?

Couldn't find anthing on that site and I hate flash intros. But thanks for the recommendation.

ahcash
31-01-2005, 10:27 PM
I think it is 114.3 x 4

My apology... I was wrong... I got mixed up with my other car which is a Mitsubishi... :D

Here is the correct fitment... which you can get it from www.roh.com.au

Make: Honda
Model: Jazz
PCD: 4/100
Wheel Size: 15 inch

RedEu
01-02-2005, 11:04 AM
well .. as you can see by the number of VTI-S on the streets, there *IS* a demand for Jazz with kits. and if you work the sums, the additional $$$ for VTI-S is value for money.

15" rims - at least $800 (i can' remember whether the dealer quoted me 800 or 1300, but let's use the lower figure)
fog lights - $400
body kit - say 1 grand? (conservative estimate?)

then u have the leather steering, etc ...

so, there's more than a difference in wheel size and YES, pple are willilng to pay for it. so why not have supply to meet the demand?

i think the dealer makes more profit on the accesorries, so in anycase you could get more discount on the top spec model percentagewise compare to lesser models. therefore actual price is not much more than the lesser model.

bigdongers
01-02-2005, 12:36 PM
The new 05 VTiS has the bodkit integrated into the front and rear bumpers. This means you cannot take off the bodykit without replacing the front and rear bumpers. The side skirts and rear spoiler are just bolt ons.

Also if you buy a Vti and wack a bodykit on later, you will not get the resale value of a VTiS. Most buyers out there will not pay extra for a bodykit that is on a used car.

mini_s2000
04-02-2005, 03:31 PM
im looking at buying a jazz. what are the 0-100 figures. under 10sec i hope for the vti?!? are they a good handling car. are the engine sizes 1.3 and 1.6

TypeG
04-02-2005, 05:35 PM
1.3 and 1.5

T-Rex 3
13-02-2005, 03:05 PM
We have officially bought a 2003 Honda Jazz Vti. Thanks for all the help and info guys. Its an auto with the 7 speed tiptronic. It runs very smooth and you can't feel the speed. 100km Freeways feel like 50 to me.

Just wondering if the dealer supplied fog lights would fit in the front bumper? Would I also need to get a fog light surround piece as well?

Thanks again

DavidLing
16-02-2005, 10:33 AM
We have officially bought a 2003 Honda Jazz Vti. Thanks for all the help and info guys. Its an auto with the 7 speed tiptronic. It runs very smooth and you can't feel the speed. 100km Freeways feel like 50 to me.

Just wondering if the dealer supplied fog lights would fit in the front bumper? Would I also need to get a fog light surround piece as well?

Thanks again

Yes! they do have fog lights for VTi, just go to the honda website and u can find the fog lights under Jazz accecssoires.

muli
16-02-2005, 05:23 PM
im looking at buying a jazz. what are the 0-100 figures. under 10sec i hope for the vti?!?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13185