PDA

View Full Version : Lower Control Arm Braces and Strut Braces

VeYzZii
20-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Anybody have past experience with eBay brands...? Is there much of a difference against well known brands? And where can i buy them from other then eBay.. Cheers!!

AusS2000
20-03-2011, 10:50 PM
I know I've said this before, but there is no such thing as an ebay brand. Ebay is an auction site that you or I or Whiteline or J's Racing can sell product through. Selling through ebay in no way affects the quality of a given product.

Granted, a lot of junk manufacturers sell on ebay but you can't draw any conclusions from that.

And as for strut bars, on the S2000 they do nothing so the quality of the product is irrelevant.

Have a look at Whiteline's site. They do IMHO the best Front Lower Brace (I assume that is what you're talking about) and a decent Strut Tower brace. Or check out Muz's site. He sell both. http://www.prestigeautoaccessories.com/shop/

l3vnd1
21-03-2011, 12:26 PM
I know I've said this before, but there is no such thing as an ebay brand. Ebay is an auction site that you or I or Whiteline or J's Racing can sell product through. Selling through ebay in no way affects the quality of a given product.

Granted, a lot of junk manufacturers sell on ebay but you can't draw any conclusions from that.

And as for strut bars, on the S2000 they do nothing so the quality of the product is irrelevant.

Have a look at Whiteline's site. They do IMHO the best Front Lower Brace (I assume that is what you're talking about) and a decent Strut Tower brace. Or check out Muz's site. He sell both. http://www.prestigeautoaccessories.com/shop/

I have also been looking at a front lower brace however can not decide on the brand.

What makes you say Whiteline is the best?

AusS2000
21-03-2011, 12:30 PM
It's lightweight aluminium, doesn't interfere with oil changes, and uses hex bolts with washers to secure it.

Oh, and it's gold, so will impress roadkill as it smashes their skull.

Hmm, and it's Aus made and a good price.

What more could you want?

alvin_R
21-03-2011, 12:43 PM
with stuct bar... i will reconmmand Cusco. because they been working on this area for years, particularly for Japanese car! also it will sell more easier than other brand in 2nd hand market!

l3vnd1
21-03-2011, 03:08 PM
It's lightweight aluminium, doesn't interfere with oil changes, and uses hex bolts with washers to secure it.

Oh, and it's gold, so will impress roadkill as it smashes their skull.

Hmm, and it's Aus made and a good price.

What more could you want?

lol fair point. Not much more to a brace.

Will you need a wheel alignment after installing? Reason I ask is when I saw my wheel aligner adjust caster, he played with some bolts that I thought is where the X-Brace bolts up to.

l3vnd1
21-03-2011, 03:09 PM
with stuct bar... i will reconmmand Cusco. because they been working on this area for years, particularly for Japanese car! also it will sell more easier than other brand in 2nd hand market!

Not sure I would recommend a strut bar at all as our cars have double wishbone suspension at the front, not macpherson strut.

So gains (if any) will be minimal.

AusS2000
21-03-2011, 03:41 PM
What he said.

alvin_R
21-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Not sure I would recommend a strut bar at all as our cars have double wishbone suspension at the front, not macpherson strut.

So gains (if any) will be minimal.

oh i see.....i learn a lesson mate...all the best!

AusS2000
21-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Nope, doesn't attach to any of the adjustment bolts.