PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Underdrive Pulley Install Enquiry

Razer
22-03-2011, 12:23 AM
Hey, to all the euro owners here with the underdrive pulley installed, and those who know of this matter, is the crank seal replacement really necessary when installing the pulleys? I read the DIY on the US forums and they did not mention having to replace the seal when installing the new crank, however my mechanic had told me that it must be replaced to prevent any leaks. What are your thoughts guys? Because Im trying to spend as little as possible. The pulleys alone werent that cheap, plus the install quotes that i have received have been a lot higher than i expected, cheers!

shmivic
22-03-2011, 08:43 AM
It's reccomended to replace the seal everytime the crank pulley is removed,

If it look's ok once the crank pulley is off, you can just leave it,

BUT it might become a leaky mongrel a few months down the track and cost you more $$ to replace it later.

I would replace the seal when fitting the new pulley.

Razer
22-03-2011, 03:19 PM
thanks for your advice simon! well if I decide to part out when I sell my car, that means I need another new seal right?? Also may I ask you where you take your euro for tuning/installing mods etc etc. Ive heard Cypher is pretty good, just want to extend my knowledge on good honda workshops in WA.

shmivic
22-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Well if your a "good" seller you might replace it, but if the buyer is a gimp you might not!

All my labour work is purely DIY.
I hire a space at M'Mates place DIY workshop and go for it.

Regarding tuning, i would only ever use Sean at ASG or Zacka at Cypher.
Depends on the availability.

IMO the best W.A. Honda workshops are secretly dotted around the CBD in residential garages lol

Razer
22-03-2011, 07:08 PM
ooh nice! I like the sound of residential garages. Quality at affordable price. Do you mind telling me/pm me one reputable one where i can get my pulleys done?

shmivic
22-03-2011, 09:09 PM
pm'd...