PDA

View Full Version : MingZai's Project JDM Euro :)

MingZai
22-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Hey guy's I'm new to the forum and I own a silver 04-05 Euro (got to double check)
It is COMPLETELY stock and after extensive research and searching on the ozhonda forums I have compiled a list of mods for which I am going to apply with a few questions along the way in regards to pricing.

EXTERIOR:
MUGEN FRONT BUMPER
LUCKYSTAR REAR BUMPER
MUGEN SIDE SKIRTS
LUCKYSTAR REAR SPOILER
BLUE XENON LIGHTS
BLUE LIGHT BULB LICENSE PLATE
19 INCH RIMS
CAMBER KIT
PROFESSIONALLY LOWERED
BLACK COMPLETE BODY RESPRAY
LED REAR LIGHTS

INTERIOR:
SINGLE DIN MONITOR FOR REAR MIRROR
IPOD DOCK
LIGHTBULB CHANGE
MUGEN PEDAL CONVERSION
CU2 / CL9 FACELIFT STEERING WHEEL REPLACEMENT
LIGHT STRIPS / NEON BLUE TINGE ON THE FLOOR

PERFORMANCE:
POD FILTER
TODA VTEC KILLER CAMS
COMPTECH or SKUNK 2 HEADER
SKUNK 2 CAT-BACK
Fastline Performance Racing Spun Metal Cat

SO the questions I have for fellow ozhondarians lmao is the costs of the body kit (I have quotes from spoilershop.com.au and other online stores... but any other alternatives to get these parts?
And the headers + cat and skunk 2 exhaust will work out right? (i'm quite new to car modding) (Will need the skunk 2 headers??)
Feel free to comment on my list if you feel that some things shouldn't be added or you feel an alternative is beter...

Xplodin
22-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Hi and welcome!

First of all i'm not a huge fan of the lucky Star kit... IMO it looks too ricey for me. But each to their own.

There's a few things that u consider so you can save money.

When lowering the car do it right the first time. Either go Coilovers or get shocks and springs. Coilovers have the advantage of height adjustable meaning you can choose your height. How ever a set of shocks and springs may only give you one height choice. Its good that you plan to have Camber Kits as this is almost a must on a CL9 unless you want that -5000000 million camber look.

Mugen short shifter IMO is a waste of time and money. Just get the Comptech Shortshifter kit. Basically saving you more than $200 this reduces the shifts by up to 40%. Check that out before committing to the Mugen short shifter.

There are wide range of headers and Cats out there. So make sure you do some research before you go a head with this upgrade. I have the Comptech and FLP high Flow Cat, great combination! Also the Skunk2 Exhaust is loud too so be readdy for an ear droning...

Hope that helps.

Good luck and welcome to the world of car modding.

curtis265
22-03-2011, 10:17 AM
I take it you're in perth? Spoilershop tends to be a bit expensive but i hear they do a good job the first time - hassle free.

Do you know what sort of 'style' youre after? You'll look like rice king with that, but if you like it don't let us stop you. What kind of rims are you looking at?

and please don't do the neons under the car body

MingZai
22-03-2011, 10:25 AM
First of all i'm not a huge fan of the lucky Star kit... IMO it looks too ricey for me. But each to their own.

Yeah I was considering the Mugen or Euro R but I like the Lucky Star cause it's more of an aggressive look... but I was also considering the Mugen Front and side with Luckystar Rear and wing.

When lowering the car do it right the first time. Either go Coilovers or get shocks and springs. Coilovers have the advantage of height adjustable meaning you can choose your height. How ever a set of shocks and springs may only give you one height choice.
It would be best I do this after I get the kits on yeah? So its either Coilovers or shocks + springs or can you get them 3 together?

Its good that you plan to have Camber Kits as this is almost a must on a CL9 unless you want that -5000000 million camber look.

Yeah what brand and values do you have on your camber kit or would suggest?

Mugen short shifter IMO is a waste of time and money. Just get the Comptech Shortshifter kit. Basically saving you more than $200 this reduces the shifts by up to 40%. Check that out before committing to the Mugen short shifter.

Haha gotta scrap the whole short shifter thing because I just realized it doesn't work out on autos... what a noob =[ (I like the auto for its sequential shifter and don't really see a performance difference to manual when I'm using it, in fact I reckon its better but if I'm wrong then someone inform me haha).

There are wide range of headers and Cats out there. So make sure you do some research before you go a head with this upgrade. I have the Comptech and FLP high Flow Cat, great combination! Also the Skunk2 Exhaust is loud too so be readdy for an ear droning...

Yeah I heard good words about the Comptech header as well as the weapon R.. Yeag the SKUNK 2 exhaust is loud but I like the sound it gives out, also considered the greddy evo 2 and fujisobo but I prefer the skunk 2... So if I get a Header + Catback I can still install the SKUNK 2 exhaust right??

Yeah your information helped me A LOT haha thankyou very much!!!! :thumbsup:

I take it you're in perth? Spoilershop tends to be a bit expensive but i hear they do a good job the first time - hassle free.

Nah forgot to say im in MELBOURNE ;)

Rim wise I am thinking of getting 19 inch (heard about the 2 inch defect rule) but still looking at the designs and stuff.. Yeah neons was just speculation after seeing some members euro with it (car meet pics), it didn't look to bad but yeah don't want to look too much of a ricer haha...

Xplodin
22-03-2011, 10:42 AM
Yeah I was considering the Mugen or Euro R but I like the Lucky Star cause it's more of an aggressive look... but I was also considering the Mugen Front and side with Luckystar Rear and wing.

Pretty much its your own car so you can have it the way that you like regardless of what others say. :D

It would be best I do this after I get the kits on yeah? So its either Coilovers or shocks + springs or can you get them 3 together?

Yep Coilovers or Shocks + Springs. Currently in my car i have Bilstein Shock and Eibach Springs. Nice and soft as a daily but hard when you need it to be. I would get this after you get your kit as well as wheels as this will adjust the height / stance of your car. Or as you said get them all together.

Yeah what brand and values do you have on your camber kit or would suggest?

I got a Set of SPC Camber kit on the rear of my car SPC is made by Eibach. Steer clear from the ebay ones. Check out HeelToeauto.com he has a whole bunch of kits you can get.

Haha gotta scrap the whole short shifter thing because I just realized it doesn't work out on autos... what a noob =[ (I like the auto for its sequential shifter and don't really see a performance difference to manual when I'm using it, in fact I reckon its better but if I'm wrong then someone inform me haha).

Most people drive manual because its the feel of a drivers car and it makes you feel more in contrl. IMO the seq shifter is slow and doesn't change as fast as some manual drivers.

Yeah I heard good words about the Comptech header as well as the weapon R.. Yeag the SKUNK 2 exhaust is loud but I like the sound it gives out, also considered the greddy evo 2 and fujisobo but I prefer the skunk 2... So if I get a Header + Catback I can still install the SKUNK 2 exhaust right??

Yeah your information helped me A LOT haha thankyou very much!!!! :thumbsup:

Well Cat back is your Skunk2. You also need to consider the Cat (Catalytic Converter) as the factory one is said to be restrictive. Your choice on headers. Once again check out HeelToeAuto.com great range of headers, Cats, and Catbacks.

And not to forget our traders on Ozhonda as well. Great range and really helpful people.

MingZai
22-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Yep Coilovers or Shocks + Springs. Currently in my car i have Bilstein Shock and Eibach Springs. Nice and soft as a daily but hard when you need it to be. I would get this after you get your kit as well as wheels as this will adjust the height / stance of your car. Or as you said get them all together.

Yeah, I might go with Bilstein as heard they are really good :) Yeah install them after I get the kit organized.

I got a Set of SPC Camber kit on the rear of my car SPC is made by Eibach. Steer clear from the ebay ones. Check out HeelToeauto.com he has a whole bunch of kits you can get.

Are the only differences between these Camber kits are the build quality?

Well Cat back is your Skunk2. You also need to consider the Cat (Catalytic Converter) as the factory one is said to be restrictive. Your choice on headers. Once again check out HeelToeAuto.com great range of headers, Cats, and Catbacks.

Wait so Cat back is aka Exhaust?? Lol I'm such a noob... still learning all the terms... The CAT to my understanding is the emissions converter to make it less harmful to environment?

Yeah too bad can't make the Melbourne Meet coming up on April but maybe I will hitch a ride with Pwoahhh if you know him... Would love to have a look at the other euros on this forum :)

Thankyou SOOO MUCH for helping me a lot haha.

d_evilz
22-03-2011, 02:18 PM
:O ricky / chris's friend/?

hooyn
22-03-2011, 02:25 PM
luckystar kit.... URGHHH URghhhh

You'll need a tune as well.

PERFORMANCE:
POD FILTER
TODA VTEC KILLER CAMS
HEADERS+CAT (SKUNK 2 OR WEAPON R)
INTAKE
SKUNK 2 EXHAUST

IMO instead of spending so much on a euro, sell it and get yourself more of a performance car.

MingZai
22-03-2011, 03:03 PM
:O ricky / chris's friend/?

Yeah haha ricky

Lmao hooyn you dont like the luckystar kit??
Yeah wheres a good place to tune?? I hear clayton lmao... Mmm yeah I know the euro isnt a high performance vehicle like the 350/370, evo, gti , dc52r but I just think a modded euro is more unique. And for me not all about the speed i can make it achieve.

hooyn
22-03-2011, 03:59 PM
from your other post in another thread you said that 10k is too much for you.

what you are aiming to do to your your euro will cost around 10k or most likely more if you want to do everything right the first time around with quality and reliable parts.

MingZai
22-03-2011, 05:14 PM
from your other post in another thread you said that 10k is too much for you.

what you are aiming to do to your your euro will cost around 10k or most likely more if you want to do everything right the first time around with quality and reliable parts.

Yeah I know, 10k ontop of what I have already planned lol. Like I said afterwards this 10k or more I'm spending is a long project throughout the year, I will not be able to make an outright payment of 10k. Obviously I'm not going to put on the body kit, header+catback .ect ect all in a week. I'm doing things 1 by 1 that's all. This is why I put up this thread (sorry if it"s in the wrong section) so people can see the development of the car as it grows and to have some discussions on the parts I've listed whether its necessary and brand wise smart.

tron07
23-03-2011, 08:19 AM
no amps, components, subwoofers?

MingZai
23-03-2011, 01:18 PM
no amps, components, subwoofers?

Maybe later on down the track, cause in regards to the sound system wise, I am completely clueless haha. Also suddenly ran into job problems so going to wait a bit more atm :(. Whats your car audio setup?