PDA

View Full Version : Car Starting Prob.

FULLY SIK!
28-01-2005, 02:59 PM
hey,
sometimes my car wont start it will just keep making that starter motor noise before the engine turns over, then all of a sudden it will start later on, and run perfectly never misses a beat... although sumtimes it may start for a sec then go lumpy then stall
othertimes it i will start perfectly and run perfexctly never misses a beat!

does anyone know whats going on???

thanks

ECU-MAN
28-01-2005, 09:25 PM
your main PGMFI relay may be at fault

FULLY SIK!
29-01-2005, 09:09 AM
what do i need to buy/fix to help this problem??

thanks.

flipmods
29-01-2005, 01:04 PM
Could be 1 of 100 things, Main relay, fuel pump, alarm, etc, etc, etc. Sorry but hard to tell without seeing the car.

JR Performance
29-01-2005, 06:54 PM
It could be as simple as a bad connection with the battery terminals. I have seen it many times, there is enough of a connect to run the car but not quit to start it. Check then to make sure there is a good connection before trying anything else.

barefootbonzai
01-02-2005, 11:14 AM
Yeah, my car was retarted for a while aswell. Sound the same as what you are experincing. My battery had enough to start the car most times, but once in a while it wouldn't have enough juice. I just changed the battery and now it starts everytime.

SiR
10-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Yeah, my car was retarted for a while aswell. Sound the same as what you are experincing. My battery had enough to start the car most times, but once in a while it wouldn't have enough juice. I just changed the battery and now it starts everytime.

What brand and type of battery are you using now? Is there such a thing as better brands for batteries?!