PDA

View Full Version : TD44U distributor! urgent help!

nam.qhc
22-03-2011, 10:36 PM
hey guys! i got a jdm b16a obd1 in my eg
it was running excellent.. until the dizzy died =(
on the dizzy said TD44U so i went on search for a TD44U dizzy
but damn theyre rare as! a friend told me the TD43 is usable for the b16
so i bought one ... doesnt fit -__- but then was told the parts inside the td43 can b swapped into the td44 frame.. so i did it!! swapped all the parts.. but no luck car wouldnt turn on.
i then bought a TD44U dizzy from USA.. (not oem)
put it in.. CAR STARTS.. but then timing couldnt b read/adjusted properly..
only a very slight readin can b seen from the crank pulley.. so i used that.. n left the dizzy how it is sitting.. went for a drive.. it is so fkn weak.. so yeah i dno what to do next
ive been tryin to search for a oem td44u.. but not having luck
does anyone know what other dizzy i can use??
what should i do next about my car.
need help urgent
thanks in advance

ECU-MAN
23-03-2011, 08:12 AM
to start with

the dizzy you got from the US, do you get any engine codes with it. There is no reson you should not be able to set the timing unless your valve timing is incorectly set. ( dont mess with it unless you know what your doing )

the internals of the TD43 should fit and allow the TD44 to run as long as they are both OBDI. You need to ensure you place the CKP, TDC and CYP reluctor in the correct location in respect to what you have on the shaft. Also the air gap between the reluctor pickup and the teeth on the shaft is vital. If then youu have wired the ICM and coil you will be OK.

in what way did yor original dizzy fail ?

nam.qhc
23-03-2011, 09:04 AM
It jus died.. Driving one day and it start to make this scratching/cracking sound.. Lol.
The internals from the td43 that I used, I did place them correctly it was probably not a obd1. I have a mate who knows what his doin.. And he tries to set the timing. But as soon he is doin it he goes there's something wrong.. He said something among the lines.. Ur spose to see 3 markings but in this case he could only see 1.