PDA

View Full Version : inside tyre wear ?!?

Mikeyas
28-01-2005, 08:52 PM
Heya ive got a civic hatch riding on 17's and lowered. im getting some excessive tyre wear on the inside of the front tyres. what do i need to correct this ? camber kits or something i cant remember any ideas / prices on these such things would be of great help. :wave:

mini78
28-01-2005, 08:54 PM
are they inflated properly.... this probably isnt the case but its easy to check:)

ECU-MAN
28-01-2005, 09:23 PM
did you get a wheel alighnment when you lowered it.

the results will tell you weather you need camber kits or not. could also be the toe is out causing wear

Mikeyas
29-01-2005, 12:39 PM
I bought the car lowered, but i suspect it needs a wheel alignment, as the car tends to want to drift towards the left sometimes.

DLO01
29-01-2005, 01:25 PM
I bought the car lowered, but i suspect it needs a wheel alignment, as the car tends to want to drift towards the left sometimes.To fix the probem in the end I think you'll probably need a camber kit. If its drifting to the left your toe might out (toe-ing out) hence the excessive scrubbing on the inside of the tyres.

integraz
29-01-2005, 04:45 PM
it should be negative cambered..if the inner walls are wearing out more.. therefore an alignment should fix it up

GEN46L
29-01-2005, 10:07 PM
Gaurenteed it will be excessive Negative Cambers and Toe from the Lowering of the suspension. You will have excess negative camber when your car is in a straight line, so when you are cornering one side goes towards positive and the other goes to even more negative camber, therefore creating your inside tyre wear and if you have excessive toe out it will exacerbate the tyre wear. Low tyre pressures won't help either. Get yourself a Front & Rear Camber Kit as they are as cheap as chips on EBay in the States. First, get a 4 Wheel Thrust Alignment Done so you can have a reference point to start with. Don't bother getting any adjustments done until the Camber Kits are put in as they will put any preadjustment out. I have a 92 4Gen Honda Accord and it is quite low. My tyres were wearing on the extreme inner edges due to the excess negative cambers. I fitted a Front & Rear Camber Kit and a Front Master Bushing Kit. I had a 4 Wheel Thrust Alignment done and it has improved the handling out of site and no more unneccessary tyre wear. I got between 1.5 - 2.0 deg positive camber adjustment. Hope this helps