PDA

View Full Version : Mugen twinloop too quiet

u mad?
25-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Hi there blokes, ive got a dc2r with genuine 4-1 mugen header and twinloop and its just too damn quiet! i pretty much sounds like the standard exhaust!

i was thinking of taking it to the exhaust shop and having them cut out the middle resonator and replacing it with straight pipe.

i dont want it buddyclub spec 2 loud but this should give me a slightly louder note?

i would love it to sound like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMVGz4eZgZA&NR=1&feature=fvwp

hes got pretty much the same mods and but he removed the middle resonator.

the only thing holding me back is the fact that id be cutting up an expensive quality exhaust. i dunno,

use reckon its worth it just for a louder note?

vinnY
25-03-2011, 04:43 PM
what intake are you using?

SuperJDM.
25-03-2011, 04:52 PM
dont cut the bpipe if its a mugen twinloop catback, like you said not worth cutting a expensive catback up.
Have you got a JDM cat? If its still stock try replacing it with a Hi - Flow JDM cat maybe that will give a better sound because of more airflow?

My mate has a twinloop on his DC2R with a JDM Sard Cat or someshit and it sounds so BEAUTIFUL!

DC2-PWR
25-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Replace resonator with straight through

Get 200cell hiflow cat

should sound simular

MWAKU
25-03-2011, 05:02 PM
its just a b pipe who cares if u cut it, the main thing is aslong as u got the mugen twin loop. if ur really pedantic, just get another bpipe instead of cutting ur one, should be around 60mm the mugen b-pipe (2.36"). most jdm branded bpipes are around that size.

u mad?
26-03-2011, 04:23 AM
what intake are you using?
j's racing whale penis, loud as all fuk, maybe thats why i dont notice the exhaust? lol

dont cut the bpipe if its a mugen twinloop catback, like you said not worth cutting a expensive catback up.
Have you got a JDM cat? If its still stock try replacing it with a Hi - Flow JDM cat maybe that will give a better sound because of more airflow?

My mate has a twinloop on his DC2R with a JDM Sard Cat or someshit and it sounds so BEAUTIFUL!
jdm dc2r cat

Replace resonator with straight through

Get 200cell hiflow cat

should sound simular
thats what im aiming for

its just a b pipe who cares if u cut it, the main thing is aslong as u got the mugen twin loop. if ur really pedantic, just get another bpipe instead of cutting ur one, should be around 60mm the mugen b-pipe (2.36"). most jdm branded bpipes are around that size.
oh really i thought they were 2 and a half inch? maybe i got it mixed up with buddyclub

thanks for the replies, if i do go through with it, i'll post a before and after sound clip for comparisons sake

eg5civic
26-03-2011, 06:35 AM
Jarryd you know you want the teg to sound like the EG :p

p3akin
26-03-2011, 09:00 AM
knock out your cat = loud

you can try that if you want loud but its highly illegal

SuperJDM.
26-03-2011, 09:07 AM
isnt it a 10g fine if you have no cat? post up a vid on what your exhaust sounds like man, from what your telling us it shouldnt sound that soft?

geeang
26-03-2011, 09:29 AM
I had a Mugen Twinloop with a high-flow cat + T1R b-pipe (customised flanges to get rid of all bottlenecks) and it was loud as shit.

90LAN
26-03-2011, 10:05 AM
twin loop was never made to be loud

if you want loud get another exhaust

jords
26-03-2011, 10:45 AM
I have Mugen 4-1 + twin loop and a good cat, great down low as it is quiet and does not attract attention.... in vtec my car has great sound.

Mine is definately louder than the youtube vid you posted. How loud do you want it?

NightKids
26-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Ummm if you just got the twin loop brand new it's gonna be soft as hell.

Wait a couple of weeks and the whole note changes... I would suggest waiting for a bit and let the material inside soften up. Sounds totally different and way louder...

u mad?
26-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Jarryd you know you want the teg to sound like the EG :p
lol, i prefer to keep my ear drums in an undamaged state

knock out your cat = loud

you can try that if you want loud but its highly illegal
prefer tokeep the cat

I had a Mugen Twinloop with a high-flow cat + T1R b-pipe (customised flanges to get rid of all bottlenecks) and it was loud as shit.
so your t1r b pipe is pretty much straight through with no resonators?

twin loop was never made to be loud

if you want loud get another exhaust
like i said i dont want a screaming loud buddyclub spec 2 style exhaust, i just want a little extra beef

I have Mugen 4-1 + twin loop and a good cat, great down low as it is quiet and does not attract attention.... in vtec my car has great sound.

Mine is definately louder than the youtube vid you posted. How loud do you want it?
i would like it to sound like whats in the vid.

so you still have all the resonators and cat yet its louder than what was in the vid?

Ummm if you just got the twin loop brand new it's gonna be soft as hell.

Wait a couple of weeks and the whole note changes... I would suggest waiting for a bit and let the material inside soften up. Sounds totally different and way louder...

nah its not new, defiantly run in

cheers guys

dc292177917
26-03-2011, 02:47 PM
since this is a noob section
i will tell u to make up a good sound system projecting outwards
play some youtube vtec crossover clips while driving
seriously no point making everyone knows when u r on vtec

TheSaint
26-03-2011, 03:44 PM
the muffler will get louder as it gets older - if its brand new it will be quiet as hell
as it ages it will get louder and louder until it eventually is a drone box
not so much in the Mugen muffler - these usually settle to a nice revvy sound
but replicas like x-force S10 and S12 will end up droning like a canon with a sock stuck in it after a year or so

DC2-PWR
26-03-2011, 04:19 PM
like i said i dont want a screaming loud buddyclub spec 2 style exhaust, i just want a little extra beef

Your comparing a very quite exhaust to the loudest exhaust, theres so many exhaust between that range, so Lan's right about another exhaust if you want that little extra beef.

I heard a twin-loop exhaust today on a B18C, it wasn't loud but it sounded nice. My mate on his EK4 has a twinloop, it's louder because of the 4-2-1 headers.

good luck anyways bro

DCB18
26-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Your comparing a very quite exhaust to the loudest exhaust, theres so many exhaust between that range, so Lan's right about another exhaust if you want that little extra beef.

I heard a twin-loop exhaust today on a B18C, it wasn't loud but it sounded nice. My mate on his EK4 has a twinloop, it's louder because of the 4-2-1 headers.

good luck anyways bro

^^ Cheers mate!

Mine was almost new when i got it but it has opened up alot after some driving / bedding in.

Its not loud but it might be louder that what you are describing cause of the cat. Try installing a Hi Flow Cat - that might help. Good luck

noobcake
26-03-2011, 05:39 PM
90LAN- thats not a twin loop its a gayloop

90LAN
26-03-2011, 06:05 PM
its not a twinloop its a quiet loop lol

RtN
26-03-2011, 10:46 PM
i have a loud 5zigen miracle fireball for a dc2r fs =]

DC2-PWR
26-03-2011, 11:31 PM
i have a loud 5zigen miracle fireball for a dc2r fs =]

To be honest, mugen twinloop sounds way better lol. sorry to destroy your sale.

i have a video of both, but pm if you wanna watch it... it's not a legal video :p.

RtN
26-03-2011, 11:42 PM
all good, but yeh sounds good to me.. I prefer stock ITR muffler instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2zb-905Yaw

and yeh theres a few others on utube.

Lerlo
27-03-2011, 12:02 AM
My advise to you is get a highflow cat, dont cut up such an expensive muffler.
The middle resonator is to reduce drone as well, and drones a real bitch.
Furthermore, not many exhaust shops out there will be able to weld it even close to the quality of Mugen. Shit many cant even weld stainless steel well.

Also with a fat tummy, your not gonna be able to hear your exhaust much after you crossover no matter how loud your exhaust is....

Have you gotten a mate to do a drive by to hear exactly how loud the xhorst is?

NightKids
27-03-2011, 02:13 AM
all good, but yeh sounds good to me.. I prefer stock ITR muffler instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2zb-905Yaw

and yeh theres a few others on utube.

I would be more than happy to swap my stock ITR muffler for his Mugen Twin Loop. PM me if interested.

RtN
27-03-2011, 03:41 AM
sif he wud.. lol he wants louder than twin loop and stock itr muffler is even quieter!

u mad?
27-03-2011, 04:50 AM
thanks for all your input guys, and nah i havent heard it from the outside yet, maybe i'll just get my mate to fang it up the street.

cbauto
19-11-2014, 11:11 AM
bump.

u mad?
19-11-2014, 12:29 PM
lmao fuk u

mocchi
19-11-2014, 06:50 PM
op such a fgt m8. mugen too quiet. hoon post reported to afp

RenzokukenJ
20-11-2014, 09:25 AM
Wtb fart cannon

u mad?
20-11-2014, 12:53 PM
going back in time i would have left it as is, sounded so nice and quiet lol

cbauto
20-11-2014, 12:54 PM
going back in time i would have left it as is, sounded so nice and quiet lol
ur getting soft

EKVTIR-T
20-11-2014, 02:53 PM
going back in time i would have left it as is, sounded so nice and quiet lolwelcome to the club

http://s16.postimg.org/4wk06ubph/69069579_164127258.jpg

RenzokukenJ
20-11-2014, 04:15 PM
ur getting soft
I'm not soft now hehe

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/customavatars/avatar37219_23.gif

u mad?
20-11-2014, 04:42 PM
LOL must be getting old, when i get this piece of shit back on the road it wont have any exhaust pipe, just a kunt tonne of mufflers and resonators

cbauto
20-11-2014, 04:56 PM
LOL must be getting old, when i get this piece of shit back on the road it wont have any exhaust pipe, just a kunt tonne of mufflers and resonators
shieee

das it

its happening.

was scare no more dc2 cru