PDA

View Full Version : Resolving Fault Codes - EG B18C

munkaii
25-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Hey all,

Have a Gli shell here with a B18 swap in it and ECU diagnostic is throwing me the following codes.

1. O2 Sensor 1
17. Speed Sensor
20. Electric Load Detector
21. Vtec Spool Solenoid Valve
41. Primary O2 Sensor Header

I'm pretty sure Codes 1 and 41 are just a faulty O2 sensor, but I swapped it with an equivalent O2 sensor with the same no. of wires and re-soldered the wiring. Do B18s use a unique O2 sensor of any sort? (e.g. Wideband?)

Have been doing some reading and Code 20 may be related to some wire shorting on my car, causing the ELD in the engine bay fuse-box to go? Before changing the fuse though, am I correct in saying I should look around the car for loose wiring? (My guess at the moment may be the additional vtec wires you need to run during the swap, though @ first look they seemed fine. They were soldered, heatshrunk and then taped up.)

Can Code 20 throw any other codes?

Finally, Code 21...I have no real idea about.

Car starts and runs ok when warm, but really struggles to start in the morning, but once you get it going it is ok. Vtec still kicks in when warm.

Any suggestions e-mechanics?

dorikin
25-03-2011, 09:18 PM
1. O2 Sensor - Are you using a B-series 4-wire O2 sensor? 2 wires are for the heater and 2 for the sensor. Do tests for continuity to ECU http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?68798-DIY-PGMFI-Diagnostics-Code-41-PO2H&

17. Speed Sensor - Test wire for continuity, then test VSS

20. Electrical Load Detector (ELD) - AUDM Civics do not have an ELD so if you're using a JDM ECU it will look for it and throw the code.

21. VTEC Spool Solenoid (VTS) - Test wire for continuity to ECU, resistance test on solenoid, solenoid test to battery

41. Primary O2 Sensor Heater (PO2H) - You have to add a wire to the GLI main wire harness to the ECU. From memory its the PO2H signal wire.

ECU-MAN has troubleshooting guides for every code, look here http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?67113-DIY-PGMFI-Diagnostics-Codes