PDA

View Full Version : VIC Speed limit tollerance changed from 3km/h to 0km/h

crobaa
25-03-2011, 07:37 PM
WHAT A JOKE!

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/margin-for-error-on-speeding-reduced-to-zero-20110324-1c8kp.html

Symphorced
25-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Looks like it's aimed at NSW rather than VIC as the title of this topic suggests. I agree about it being absolute rubbish though.

JohnO
25-03-2011, 09:55 PM
"A spokeswoman for the RTA refused to confirm the tolerance and said it was a matter for the State Debt Recovery Office. A spokesman for the Treasurer said the office enforced policies set by the RTA and the transport department."

LOOL at that stupid woman should be back in the kitchen. so sdro gets to choose the margin of error? whats the point of having a rta at all?

crobaa
25-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Yeah I got a little confused, it will probably appear here soon enough once nsw rake in however many million extra per year from it

crobaa
25-03-2011, 10:00 PM
I'd be curious to see if demerit points were lost and how big a fine you cop for this infringement if it goes ahead

GIPONU
25-03-2011, 10:52 PM
i think... we're all doomed just for even going 1km/h over the limit
i think this is what they meant by "bringing the budget back into surplus"
increase revenue everywhere,
-mobile speed cameras which dont save lives
-200 new safety cameras (100 in nsw)
-giving no tolerance at camera sites
and whatever else i missed

im with kyle(from kyle and jackie-o show) for this "good on ya government!" *sarcasm*

crobaa
26-03-2011, 08:31 AM
I'm fairly certain speed cameras save no lives at all and are placed in areas where they know the speed limit is bs, or at the bottom of hills etc.. In england and the USA they have actually started removing speed cameras but Australia is still installing new ones?

WATAJK
26-03-2011, 11:10 AM
^^ They remove them in England because vandals keep blowing them up lol
^^ In Geelong, not that i live that way in Victoria, they shoot the camera's with shotguns just so you all know... LOL

Lerlo
26-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Every accident, they blame it on speeding.... if they can statistically prove that a high percentage of accidents happen in the range of 10% over the limit, fine. Its stupid to lower the speed limit from 70 to 60 just cos a young kid killed himself and his mates driving at 150.. so what? .... the next guy will speed at 140??

And look at bell street, they lowered the limit from 70 to 60 near bell street because 2 old couples had a head on collision there. If you have driven there you would realise there is just a 10cm wide painted line seperating cars traveling in opposite directions! The road at albert park is another accident waiting to happen.

They always blame it on speeding, on drunk driving cos its easier to place blame on somebody else than themselves. The truth is, many roads have poor design in Melbourne but its too much trouble to change it.

Place the blame on somebody else, lower the speed limit, get more traffic cameras = Money for nothing and (pay) Checks for free.

WATAJK
26-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Every accident, they blame it on speeding.... if they can statistically prove that a high percentage of accidents happen in the range of 10% over the limit, fine. Its stupid to lower the speed limit from 70 to 60 just cos a young kid killed himself and his mates driving at 150.. so what? .... the next guy will speed at 140??

And look at bell street, they lowered the limit from 70 to 60 near bell street because 2 old couples had a head on collision there. If you have driven there you would realise there is just a 10cm wide painted line seperating cars traveling in opposite directions! The road at albert park is another accident waiting to happen.

They always blame it on speeding, on drunk driving cos its easier to place blame on somebody else than themselves. The truth is, many roads have poor design in Melbourne but its too much trouble to change it.

Place the blame on somebody else, lower the speed limit, get more traffic cameras = Money for nothing and (pay) Checks for free.

Plus 1.
Some Roads in Victoria are bloody to dangerous to be driving at 60km/h hour to be honest...
They're just shocking... Pot holes getting re-filled constantly and there just terribly done, very VERY rough...
I tell you what, alot of accidents are caused by the road but VicRoads won't acknowledge this because the amount of insurance claims to go up against them would be staggering..
It's a shame to see my money and your money get spent on area's where it isn't needed...

A section of Bell St recently go re-asphalted... Why?? Cause of the new Bus lane they implemented closed to Sydney Road, funny part is that the road is still shit, still very rough and all over the shop....

crobaa
26-03-2011, 04:09 PM
lets all smash every speed camera we see from now on? I find cameras are normally at the bottom of hills/bridges or on roads where the limit is ridiculously slow i.e footscray road. The limit there is 70 even though its 5 lanes wide + a slip lane for trucks, dead straight, no bumps. My main gripe is demirrit (sp) points more than the money. I never drink drive, run reds, talk on the phone, cut people off. but I do 80 in a 70 a few times and my licence is gone its crap

anzai
26-03-2011, 06:00 PM
lets all smash every speed camera we see from now on? I find cameras are normally at the bottom of hills/bridges or on roads where the limit is ridiculously slow i.e footscray road. The limit there is 70 even though its 5 lanes wide + a slip lane for trucks, dead straight, no bumps. My main gripe is demirrit (sp) points more than the money. I never drink drive, run reds, talk on the phone, cut people off. but I do 80 in a 70 a few times and my licence is gone its crap

+1......

Lerlo
26-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Plus 1.
Some Roads in Victoria are bloody to dangerous to be driving at 60km/h hour to be honest...
They're just shocking... Pot holes getting re-filled constantly and there just terribly done, very VERY rough...
I tell you what, alot of accidents are caused by the road but VicRoads won't acknowledge this because the amount of insurance claims to go up against them would be staggering..
It's a shame to see my money and your money get spent on area's where it isn't needed...

A section of Bell St recently go re-asphalted... Why?? Cause of the new Bus lane they implemented closed to Sydney Road, funny part is that the road is still shit, still very rough and all over the shop....

And whats with Albert st in the city, they made a cycling lane, then a concrete curb then PARKING??? but only at certain times?? They reduced a 2 lane road to a 1 lane, and worst part, sometimes U cant see that theres a car parked on the left lane.

Oh and trams.. I mean what if the guy on the left lane forgets to stop... its another accident waiting to happen

GIPONU
27-03-2011, 12:58 AM
lols people who operate the roads and suppose to make it safe seem like they're just bludging it to get their pay..
srsly, who makes the decisions about the tram lanes and bike lanes and crappy roads...
paramatta rd is a prick to drive on as well. you may as well call it a unsealed road

Oxer
27-03-2011, 06:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/oXJrD.png

JohnO
27-03-2011, 07:36 AM
it would be good to actually know where this revenue actually going towards because you've got major roads and highways that are just not leveled properly, unevenly filled potholes and some have just been turned into asphalt or that the tarmac has been stripped (not sure how road works is laid out). If Japan could rebuilt their highway thats been shifted by the quake in 6days, then why cant the Australian gov do the same and atleast fix sections at a time to ensure the roads are leveled and doesnt include any pot holes...it'll cost less than Japans hwy that got done. Whats the point of them if their only sitting in booths all day doing paper work 9-5 waiting to get paid and do shit all for the Aussies'. Our rego prices,taxes and insurance is just way too high for what its worth when in the states they could do the same but with atleast 3 cars for the price we pay for 1 car...also petrols cheaper there like 3bucks for a gallon so like 3bucks for 3.7litres! **** oath...

Danzvtil
27-03-2011, 10:41 PM
the stupd thing about this debate is that it is LEGAL for your cars speedo to read +/- 10% from the factory, therefore, it is not right an expiation read within 10% of the posted speed limit-66 in 60,88 in 80 etc etc, this needs to be tested in court, imagine the billions the state governments will have to refund as they gain the money ILLEGALLY.