PDA

View Full Version : CL9 accord euro Luxury windscreen

10KRPM
26-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Hi all,

I thought i would sharewhat i learnt in getting my windscreen replaced due to a crack.

Work was done by Wind Screens O' Brian.

O'Brian has a cheaper alternative to the genuine windscreen from Honda. Stay away from this at all costs. They dont tell you when you ring up and select that option but they have quite a few problems with the screen and the 3rd part rain sensor that it comes with. A manager and the head tech at the depot i went to basically admitted that they dont know much about the rain sensor's and Honda dont tell them squat when things go wrong. This was after i had my screen replaced 3 times. first 2 times with the alternative screen and then finally after the rain sensor carked it the 2nd time around, a genuine screen.

Now this only affects those euro owners with the rain sensor windscreen.

Thought id share this to spare the headache of those that have to get their screen replaced and are not covered by insurance and want to go for the cheaper option. DONT!

It must be noted that the work done by O'Brian is top notch and the problem resides in the aftermarket screen itself...although they should admit as much when potential customers choose the non genuine option - 200 dollar difference (cheaper)