PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Red Key

vippy84
28-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Hi all,
When you buy a Honda Jazz, does it come with a red key? Is that for all the models / years?

Thanks

gre03
28-03-2011, 04:45 PM
my gd3 just came with a black fob and key. when you say red key, do you mean the plastic fob bit or the H emblem?

flipfire
28-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Red key can be used to make duplicate keys. It can open the doors but cant start the engine. (i think it doesnt have the immobilizer chip in it)

On my EK i got 2 black keys and a red key but for the jazz i only got 2 black keys.

fillit
28-03-2011, 05:44 PM
honda jazz only comes with 2 black keys, as with the duplicate it should come with a little metal tag with a bunch of numbers on it which ID's the certain key.

vippy84
30-03-2011, 10:40 AM
my gd3 just came with a black fob and key. when you say red key, do you mean the plastic fob bit or the H emblem?

Red key can be used to make duplicate keys. It can open the doors but cant start the engine. (i think it doesnt have the immobilizer chip in it)

On my EK i got 2 black keys and a red key but for the jazz i only got 2 black keys.

honda jazz only comes with 2 black keys, as with the duplicate it should come with a little metal tag with a bunch of numbers on it which ID's the certain key.

Thanks guys, I was just confused when i bought my gf car, the owner told me that he lost the red key. As far as I know, Honda cars above year 2000 does not have red keys anymore.