PDA

View Full Version : varex exhuast with cl9?

yeahSCOTTT
29-03-2011, 05:36 PM
will varex exhausts work with cl9's? does anyone have any experience with this?

lor012
30-03-2011, 06:31 PM
i cant see why not... i have a friend that just got it put on his e36 bmw.. and when talking to him about it he was awfully confident it would go on any car..
to my knowledge it just the muffler... and you may or may not need a new flange.. and then you just wire it up... but you can pay someone to do that..

yeahSCOTTT
30-03-2011, 06:33 PM
Was your friend happy with it after he had it done?

white_ep3_civic
30-03-2011, 07:12 PM
You might as well pay for a catback exhaust. Verex mufflers aren't cheap. Especially when you need 2.

yeahSCOTTT
30-03-2011, 10:25 PM
You might as well pay for a catback exhaust. Verex mufflers aren't cheap. Especially when you need 2.
i like the whole having the option thing. it sounds like an alright idea to be able to turn the grunt on and off

DCZ 18C
30-03-2011, 10:27 PM
but euros arent an overdone loud car.... would it really be neccisary..?

would be alot of doosh....

yeahSCOTTT
30-03-2011, 10:29 PM
the other type of exhaust i was looking at was a HKS es premium from import monster. no valve but has a similar premium look at still makes a good note

marquee
31-03-2011, 11:52 AM
the other type of exhaust i was looking at was a HKS es premium from import monster. no valve but has a similar premium look at still makes a good note

what is your definition of a "good note"?

My definition of a good note is tells people you have something underneath when acelerating but calm when idling and on cruise control at 100. My exhaust is legal has been tested by EPA and passed their testing. If you want a super loud exhaust all the time maybe skunk2?

yeahSCOTTT
31-03-2011, 03:35 PM
what is your definition of a "good note"?

My definition of a good note is tells people you have something underneath when acelerating but calm when idling and on cruise control at 100. My exhaust is legal has been tested by EPA and passed their testing. If you want a super loud exhaust all the time maybe skunk2?
pretty much what you said its not obvious cruising but gives a good growl when you put your foot down

lor012
31-03-2011, 04:10 PM
yeah he is really happy with his.. its quieter than stock and then with the click of a switch it roaars.
sometimes i wish i had it on mine...

yeahSCOTTT
31-03-2011, 04:12 PM
maybe get it done? its a fair bit of cash though 2 mufflers will run you about 500 -600

white_ep3_civic
31-03-2011, 05:56 PM
And also even though you can turn the sound down you cam still get defected for them.

marquee
31-03-2011, 07:35 PM
And also even though you can turn the sound down you cam still get defected for them.

Agreed... Just get one that has a good note all the time the only reason people know I have an exhaust (minus when accelerating) would be the full stainless system.

From what I am seeing you are just getting a cat back so no need to spend all that money when all your really getting is a switch from rice to nice. Also it couldnt be as preforming as something without a flange due to the flange holding up pressure in the exhaust so when its not loud one would assume that the flange is closed or partially closed which would mean you would be loosing power even from stock thats why its quiter than stock.

That is just base on basic knowledge of a flange and exhaust so the flange may be designed some how so it doesnt loose power

jzx_andy
01-04-2011, 06:15 PM
IMO the stock exhaust doesnt sound half as bad.. and nice aftermarket exhausts (which make noise only on acceleration) is the best choice.

varex is too expensive for what effectively is a muffler, and you have three options; two of them being super quiet or super ricey.

Also if your car's auto i'd suggest against getting a droney exhaust ;)