PDA

View Full Version : is D16y4 Auto really that slow compared to manual ?

eren
29-03-2011, 09:09 PM
^????^

tsol0811
29-03-2011, 09:27 PM
From what i know, auto is much more restricted compared to manual which make it slower.

comparing to my friends auto ek and my ek, feels very diffrent... auto does feel abit more sluggish

eren
29-03-2011, 10:35 PM
hmm.. Thx for the Reply

MWAKU
29-03-2011, 10:44 PM
gear ratios and gearbox wieght............................................ .......

its still a freaking slow car at the end of the day it wont make that much difference. only thing strong different is you can select gears for better launch/acceleration.

if u wanna change gb for speed, forget about it wont make a difference u will still have a 70kw engine.

EK1 Civic
29-03-2011, 10:53 PM
I reckon manual is faster in daily driving because you can rev it to whatever and shift at whenever. However manual can be slower in this case. When you press the pedal in both cars the auto will obviously shift for you. But if your pressing the gas pedal to the degree of the auto your manual car is gonna stop gaining speed at say 2.7k rpms at 50kms till u shift gear or press the pedal in further, then you will gain more speed. The only real difference i see is you can have more fun in a manual and be a dickhead? Plus have the ability to select w/e gear you want in w/e situation.

eren
29-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Tru That Manual More Control More Revs When needed. btw in my ek i have (1) (2) (d3) (d4) i kno 1 means it only uses 1 gear and so on but if i where shift from 1 and up will it damage anythin ?

charliebrown
29-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Tru That Manual More Control More Revs When needed. btw in my ek i have (1) (2) (d3) (d4) i kno 1 means it only uses 1 gear and so on but if i where shift from 1 and up will it damage anythin ?

i played around with this and it's slower than just flooring it. after a while surely it'd break something... the jerk doesnt feel good

eren
29-03-2011, 11:14 PM
ok thx i use d3 sumtimes theres no diffrence i remmeber i had it on 2 first gear normal second gear redline lol pulled over put it back on d4 ahaha

charliebrown
29-03-2011, 11:21 PM
ok thx i use d3 sumtimes theres no diffrence i remmeber i had it on 2 first gear normal second gear redline lol pulled over put it back on d4 ahaha

only time d3 is necessary is engine braking downhill so you dont overheat brakes. if you're in 4th and gas hard enough it shifts to 3 by itself. just a bit laggy so unless you in a real hurry to overtake or something there's no point sliding it to d3. gear stick fetish?

chauster
29-03-2011, 11:21 PM
Auto is good for daily when you cbfed.

I find myself cbfed very often

eren
29-03-2011, 11:26 PM
haahahahahahahaahahah no no no i dont have fetish ahahah i feel sooo slow driving auto

charliebrown
29-03-2011, 11:28 PM
haahahahahahahaahahah no no no i dont have fetish ahahah i feel sooo slow driving auto

join the club... i cant complain though, i drive in hilly areas start-stop so sometimes i love the auto