PDA

View Full Version : mods for accord 94 sohc

filoaccord
29-01-2005, 12:36 PM
hey ppl i got a 94 accord just got it reprayed balck and i got it dyno tuned and its doin 81.kw at the wheels its a sohc i got i/h/e done vtec control, ngk spark plugs and thats about it any ideas of mods?? dont want turbo but planning on nos, if i do get nos done do i have to do mods as well, how much kw will a gain on a sohc without turbo

ECU-MAN
29-01-2005, 08:35 PM
if you get NOS, then change your ecu so you can tune your engine. POA ECU SUCKS

dundas
30-01-2005, 02:37 PM
wow so headers give an extra 1.5kw at the wheels.. hmmz.. i guess im not getting htose now more ^_^

dundas
30-01-2005, 02:42 PM
is it louder with the headers???
what else can u do...
cams?
flywheel?
ummmz what else. is there.. i like the giggle gas idea.. i was going to do dat, but too poor :(
have u got looks on the car :)
new ecu???
port n polish?
heat shield ur pod (if u have one)
have u done anything with ur suspension work.. dun want a fast car that cant turn very well :S thats asking for disaster...
full redo the suspension set up new springs n shockers.. unless u wanna get nice coilovers...
hmmz.. NOS ^_^

razaman
30-01-2005, 06:36 PM
From all the US boards - you can spend a small fortune on the F series accord engine and end up with sweet fukc all power.

Wrong engine. It's a great engine to either boost or swap. Everything is a wastes of $$ - ONLY MY OPINION from reading wat too much about it.

Raz

toE
30-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Kinda agree with razaman.

There's only so much N/A mods you can do to the F engine.

Your realistic options of gaining more power out of the F engine, is forced induction.

Nevertheless, good luck in your project.

:)

simpdogg
31-01-2005, 12:44 AM
I have the same opinion as raz, i agree with your idea of NOS, as im looking at doing the same, expect it to give you around 140-150 atw with a 75 h.p spray, hehehe but it does run out!!!!
F/I is the way to go but if you have auto sell it and start again, welcome to my world

h22a accord
31-01-2005, 01:21 PM
i agree with the others, the stock motor is only good for boosting or chucking, for a little bit more money than buying top shelf bolt ons i/h/e, chip, pullies, clutch etc for an f22b etc u can do a h22a swap. instant 30wkw increase and an instant quick NA car.

but yeah, if u do an engine swap, do the suspension too.

28RAG
31-01-2005, 07:01 PM
how much all up (inc ballpark labour) does the swap cost

h22a accord
01-02-2005, 08:19 AM
cost me around 4k. 3500 for a cut with a freak of a motor shipped to my door. did as much of the work myself. if i had to do it again, could do it with eyes half shut.

if i walked into shop and said " source me a front cut , call me when its here, then do the swap and call me when its done "i wouldnt expect much change form maybe 6-7k

can buy cheaper motors but this one was guaranteed. www.adelaidejap.com.au

just be sure to get engine of same year or later than your own car.

if u have ANY questions on whats invoved in the swap dont hesitate to ask.

if u got a cheap front cut for say 2k, you could probably if ur lucky get away with a swap for $2500 if you did as much os it yourself.