PDA

View Full Version : Honda Euro Luxury Stereo Noises After Amp installation

tuppelo
31-03-2011, 09:14 PM
All,

I had my stereo installed yesterday by a well well known Audio Shop in Adelaide.
Will not name then but if they don’t get to the bottom of it will do that surely.

I have really good quality equipment – all JL Audio
6 inch splits
6x9 at the back
12inch sub
5 channel XD500/7 digital amp.

Left car at 7.30 in the morning wanting installation of splits and amp as I have done the rest. Promised to have car done by 4 however when I rocked at 4 they seemed just to start working on car. Basically they have done a rush job as they were “busy” doing other jobs on Mercs etc. basically more expensive jobs…What an excuse. However I missed what I had planned to do and instead of earning money myself, I had to cancel my appointment and also pay them full price for shit job. They basically just put it back together and handed in the key. First Thing I have done I closed the door and heard a big noises in the door. Their manager said it is normal in modern car!!!W T F was he thinking..Theye opened up the door and there you go plastic of the crossover felt out right away… When I walked in I found sharp and heavy tools on my leather seats…

Anyhow, I have purposely taken out all CDs out so they “tuned” it listening to a talk show if they even attempted to tune it at all….

Drove off as I was pissed off big time…Got home and when I turned stereo on without having engine turned on, massive noticeable noise was coming out…when I turned lights on it was unbearable…that tells me how good and detailed job they have done.

Went there today again and they realized that it wasn’t a really good job and agreed to have car re-checked again but they are saying it might not be their fault…..Anyhow…they should have detected it first time along anyhow and let me know first of all they will be late, that there are problems with installation etc…

Anyhow…has anyone had installation done in their Luxury Euro CL9 and did you need to use any extra bits and pieces like noise filters etc…. Anything extra you had to do to get it working to eliminate the noise coming out?
Greatly appreciate your assistance…

ergot
07-04-2011, 08:06 AM
hey man so sorry to hear that. im keen to know which shop in Adelaide is that, i did my installation in one of audio shop here in Adelaide too and had no problem or whatsoever luckily. did u use an ipod interface like xcarlink? i use that and there's a slight noise of buzzing (its pretty hard to explain) coming out but its sometimes it doesnt sound that bad. i would say it might be just the wiring issue that might happen with your car.

amyway you have pretty good set up there! keen to change to HU as well?

cheers bud

tuppelo
08-04-2011, 08:18 PM
I wish it was that easy as I have GPS version hence changing HU is not an easy task...where you normally would be able to put an external unit I have DVD player that is running GPS DVD....It is such a shame not to have MP3 player in such car...
Any easy ways to install MP3 player?

Regarding installation, they put a In Line converter to lower the noise....completely reduced input levels to the lowest possible level...however I don't want car to jump up and down when listening to stereo..I don't wanna stress too much now......

Ah yeah..they charged me $100 for in line converter - same one on eBay is $30!!!