PDA

View Full Version : Decisions Decisions, Keep my EM1 or not?

sneakygreek
01-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Hey guys just got my EM1 about 4 weeks ago. I plan to fix a few little things up and Get it a Full Respray in OEM Green in the next couple of months. After all is fixed should i sell it and try make money on it, or just keep it?

I was leaning towards a DC2R or Corolla Sportivo it it sells. Rego isnt a problem, i have fair bit of cash saved up aswell, just need to decide WTF to do

TheSaint
01-04-2011, 12:36 PM
its up to you man - i would test drive both Dc2R and S'tivo than go back to the EM1
decide which one you think drives best
have a look around at prices - see if you get any offers on ur EM1
if it looks like you can get away on top with a Dc2R or S'tivo i would opt for one of those

for a daily/family/business car i would get the corolla - but if u are all about driving - ie you and the car and modding - get the Dc2R for sure

Oz_Striker
01-04-2011, 05:26 PM
4 weeks lol dont you like the car or something? i'm confused as to why you've bought a car and have decided to sell it straight away?

IMO not many people make money on modifications to a vehicle. Even if you get a full respray which will cost you quite a bit if you get it done properly, your always going to get hit by low-ballers and probably wont make any money back on the car. It may be a different story for the small problems you are going to fix because they might not cost you much if anything, and if you present the car well ie: give it a good detail and make sure you can offer a RWC you may make some money on the car. Also need to remember people notice cars that are sold and then go back up for sale this quickly. As Thesaint said take the other 2 cars your looking at for a drive and then hop back in the civic, and then decide which you like better.

If i was you i wouldn't look at spending a large sum of money on a car that you are possibly looking to sell, just in case you dont make it back. In your position i would first consider why i bought the civic in the first place, drive it for a bit longer and then decide whether i want to keep it or not. Then if you decide to keep it use the extra cash you have to get the respray and enjoy it yourself! lol

I just think that you need to make up your mind whether you want to keep it or sell it and then go from there. I just don't see the point in forking out thousands of dollars on a car for someone else to enjoy when you could use that money to go towards a new car if you decide to sell.

Hope that helps mate, remember this is only my opinion, make your own decisions mate :)

amant02
02-04-2011, 03:03 AM
The same cars i had a look at when bought my em1, trust me driving an em1 gives you this special feel, its rare.

Oh ps: i got a sportivo down the track, dad needed a new car too. From 2nd gear em1 leaves the sportivo behind.

sneakygreek
02-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Are you serious? the sportivo has a extra 30kw but weighs more.

Probs just will keep it for a while, respray, fix it up, but DC2R's just appeaal to me

DCZ 18C
02-04-2011, 02:40 PM
okay the em1 thing the other dude said bout it beating a corolla sportivo..... thats a lie sportivo would eat an EM1....(just saying) and
my mate has a sportivo he wants to sell it and get a DC2R
i would go a DC2R.. ;p i have one and its fcuking awesome.... wouldnt change it for an em1 or sportivo...

mugen_ctr
02-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Em1 = Cruiser sports like car
DC2R = True sports car

Em1 isnt the greatest car, its under equipped for a car of its status, but u cant really wrong it else where....For the same money u can get other sports car, as said, Silvias, skylines etc etc But i think all comes down to personal preference, some like the appearance and rarity of em1, some prefer more sportier cars so opt for other cars.

dougie_504
02-04-2011, 05:07 PM
EM1 is a very nice looking car IMO, but I can't vouch for their performance since I haven't driven one. Just have to ask yourself if you're happy with it or not. If you want more performance then the DC2R is probably your best option, stiffer chassis, lower centre of gravity, more displacement etc.

As for selling it to make money...fixing issues and re-spraying a car will cost you a bit if you're not doing it yourself, so unless you got it for a song it'll be hard to make significant money on it.