PDA

View Full Version : Amp and components install

goponcho
01-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Hey guys, i've bought a new HU, amp, splits and sub and and learnin how to install them.

I was wondering where you guys think the best place to install the amp is?

And with the components, where the crossover should go?

Car: 2005 Honda Accord Euro auto

HU: Alpine CDA-117E
Splits: Rainbow SLC 265.25
Amp: Arc Audio KS 300.4
Sub: Image Dynamics IDQ3

white_ep3_civic
02-04-2011, 01:10 AM
Amp is best in the boot and the crossover can be secured in the doors wrap them in a plastic bag and tape them so water doesn't get into them. Make sure they are secured tight, otherwise you will hear them moving around.

WarrenM
03-04-2011, 08:56 AM
Hey guys, i've bought a new HU, amp, splits and sub and and learnin how to install them.

I was wondering where you guys think the best place to install the amp is?

And with the components, where the crossover should go?

Car: 2005 Honda Accord Euro auto

HU: Alpine CDA-117E
Splits: Rainbow SLC 265.25
Amp: Arc Audio KS 300.4
Sub: Image Dynamics IDQ3

If your tweeters are going into the doors, then clearly, put the passive crossovers in the doors too. If the tweeters are going elsewhere, you can still put the crossovers in the doors, or you can put them next to the tweeters. Make sure that your door-housed components are appropriately waterproofed.

The boot, sub box or rear shelf are the three options for the power amp. I will have 3 amps in my car, plus a moderately large digital signal processor, so I will probably be using all of those options! The most important consideration is that the amp be able to dissipate heat. Wherever you seat it, make sure that it is solidly attached.

Use oxygen free copper cabling (almost all Australian extruded copper cable is oxygen free), of at least the recommended cross-sectional diameter for your maximum power rating. Earthing the amp is extremely important. Use the same cross-sectional diameter as you use for your sub and make sure you attach to bare metal on the chassis.

An area you don't usually think about is the power cables from the battery. You may need to improve the power cables to and from the head unit to ensure that as much power as is required can get to the sound system.

Hope that helps, Warren.