PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get the most sound deadening for my buck on my Accord Euro Luxury CU2

WarrenM
01-04-2011, 09:42 PM
These are so many different ways people sound-deaden their cars these days that I'm a little confused about how to do it most effectively.

I want the wheel arches sound deadened which I understand makes a very big difference to tyre noise. What is the easiest/cheapest way to do this? Can it be done without removing the wheels? If not, in which case the biggest headache is removing the wheels, raising the car and reinstalling the wheels, what is the best sound deadener for the wheel arches? Are there any other parts of the undercarriage which are really worth sound deadening?

What parts of the car can be effectively sound deadened without removing the front seats? Which of these are worth doing?

I've read conflicting opinions about the value of sound deadening the bonnet. Most say it is less important than most other areas. A couple say it is just about the most important panel to sound-deaden, because the windscreen does very little to lower the engine noise transmitted by the bonnet.

What are the opinions of people here who have done it?

Cheers
Warren