PDA

View Full Version : EG5 Civic Interior Trim question

whitecomet07
02-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Hey guys
Something really bugging me at the moment. I hope some of you gurus will have the answer for me.

You know the rear interior handrest on the side of the trim (one sits below the speaker cover). In some civics, eg mine, it is wrapped in this soft vinyl material. Now is there anyway to remove this panel (not the whole rear interior trim) by itself? I can see it moving but no matter how hard I tried it wont come off. I read the Honda manual it looks like it is in one piece with the interior trim. If it is in one piece how did they make that soft vinyl trim stick?! anyone tried to change the material to suede by any chance?

Thank you in advance.

Stoogey
02-04-2011, 04:34 PM
From what i can tell from pulling my rear trim panels off. You will have to remove the entire thing as they screw and are held in place into the entire trim panel piece. But yes they should be removable.

whitecomet07
02-04-2011, 04:39 PM
oooh so once i remove the whole thing then i should be able to unscrew them and re-trim as needed. great. thank you :)

Stoogey
02-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Yeah, i had to go through my build photos just then to confirm that i didn't give you the wrong info haha. So yep, they are removable.

http://img40.picoodle.com/i51j/stoogey/jbmn_aff_u9u9l.jpg

(Big piece on the right)

Get some photos up when you retrim yours. Before i was going to paint mine i was thinking of retrimming the arm rest in black suede. But i got lazy.... :)