PDA

View Full Version : QLD Road worthy certificate with stripped out interior?

Renaissance_x
03-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Hi, I have an Aussie model CR-X that I am working on getting road worthy. The thing is that tge previous owner stripped all the intterior out of the back to make it lighter. For rwc do I have to put the interior back in or just make sure no wires are showing. I live in QLD btw.

DC2-PWR
03-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Nah you need all the interior. All the seats as you car will be registered as a for 4-5 seater vehicle.

or you need mod plate but i dunno how that idea works

Tom eg5
03-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Mod plate for 2seater needed and should be fine.

Renaissance_x
03-04-2011, 07:02 PM
It already comes as a two seater. Only the Japanese ones had a back seat.

Stephen_AUS
03-04-2011, 09:36 PM
I don't think so, I'm not too sure but my friend had a CRX and it had 4 seats, but the 2 back seats were tiny.

meatball
03-04-2011, 10:39 PM
no stephen, JAP SPEC gen2 crx's had back seats. aus one only comes in 2 seater.
like the fd3s, jap - 4 seater, aus- 2 seater

3iuuop
03-04-2011, 10:46 PM
cuz the japs have small leg small phone small dog small everthing

meatball
03-04-2011, 11:06 PM
cuz the japs have small leg small phone small dog small everthing

lololol

Renaissance_x
03-04-2011, 11:48 PM
They actually didn't meet Australian safety standard's with the backseats in Australia and that's why.

I don't think so, I'm not too sure but my friend had a CRX and it had 4 seats, but the 2 back seats were tiny.

It would have been an import.

logical
04-04-2011, 12:54 AM
Are you not allowed to run no rear interior? I had a CRX and it had no rear interior and I got a Road Worthy for it fine, although it did have a roll-cage and I got it mod-plated.

Renaissance_x
04-04-2011, 08:18 AM
Did you cover the wires?

45SET
04-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Are you not allowed to run no rear interior? I had a CRX and it had no rear interior and I got a Road Worthy for it fine, although it did have a roll-cage and I got it mod-plated.

I think your situation is a little different to the OP's.

You had a mod plate for your roll cage

OP is just rocking no rear interior because they are gangsta.

OP: Like the above, cover all wires and loose items, and make sure nothing is moving around. Otherwise ring the person you want to get your road worthy through and ask them... as everyone is different.

meatball
04-04-2011, 11:55 AM

he wants to run stripped interior with no rollcage and get a roadworthy.

you had a rollcage in it when u bought the car, all you needed was a modplate and bam u got it registered LOL. i was there :P

logical
04-04-2011, 08:14 PM
he wants to run stripped interior with no rollcage and get a roadworthy.

you had a rollcage in it when u bought the car, all you needed was a modplate and bam u got it registered LOL. i was there :P

Haha!

I just never knew that you couldn't run stripped interior regardless of rollcage or not. :S

Renaissance_x
04-04-2011, 08:55 PM
I'm still confused as to roadwothyness lol.

I was thinking of just putting some of that stuff real estate signs are made of along the sides so it looks neat and all the wires are hidden.

Stephen_AUS
04-04-2011, 10:58 PM
They actually didn't meet Australian safety standard's with the backseats in Australia and that's why.
It would have been an import.

Yer, thats why I said I wasn't too sure, Jimmy.

steeeven
05-04-2011, 09:54 AM
I'm still confused as to roadwothyness lol.

I was thinking of just putting some of that stuff real estate signs are made of along the sides so it looks neat and all the wires are hidden.

It kind of also depends on the person your getting your roadworthy at. Most will say no to stripped interior though. Be on the safe side and keep or the wires and etc hidden.

Renaissance_x
08-04-2011, 04:24 PM
I bought another back interior.

90civicGL
12-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Just to sum things up, as long as you get it mod plated as a 2 seater you can run no rear interior as long as no loose wires are visible to the human eye, this is with or without a rollcage or do you have to have one? So does this mean i could run all wires along one side and stick some duct tape over the top to all the way down where wires end or whould i have to hide it with something more solid?

Thanks

vtecing
12-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Yes, you can get a RWC without any rear interior as long as it is mod plated and the rear seat belts have been removed. I have done this before on my old type r.

90civicGL
12-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Ok thank you, im probably just going to stick all the trim back in since i dont want to get a mod plate yet, but very nice thing to know for the future.