PDA

View Full Version : civic ek central locking fuse? passenger side actuator won't lock!

vinnY
04-04-2011, 12:12 AM
so after my electrical (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?147527-starter-motor-busted) issues, I've reinstalled my alarm with all black wiring and hooked it all up

now when I arm the car the driver side door locks fine(has an actuator from the alarm)
the passenger side however relies on the stock actuator mechanism where by the driver side door locks, the passenger side locks too
if the driver side is unlocked, the passenger side cannot be locked

so now all that happens when I manually lock the driver side door, I hear the relay tick but no action on the left hand side
seems it thinks the driver side is stuck in the open position so now the passenger side will not lock at all

now I've tried looking for a fuse but can't find the damn thing

also are there any checks I can do to determine what's wrong? I've got no idea where to start on the lock

flipfire
04-04-2011, 12:19 AM
If you cant solve it, just install another actuator on passenger side lol

and disable/remove the standard central locking actuator

Also Fuse might be shared with other components

vinnY
04-04-2011, 12:21 AM
^ yeah I was considering that if it all goes bad
looking through the workshop manual now

is there a way to temporarily bypass it on the passenger side so I can at least lock it manually?

Bludger
04-04-2011, 07:40 AM
I don't know for sure, just giving out ideas.

Is the actuator a master or slave?
Is there any binding preventing the mechanism from normal operation?

If its not binding then do recheck the wiring.

vinnY
04-04-2011, 09:49 AM
well the driver side's the master and passenger side is the slave I'm assuming

master seems to move freely and the relay ticks but no power to the passenger side
don't see any binding of any sorts but I'll pull off the door trims soon to check it out
the passenger side just feels the same as when the drivers side is unlocked and you try to lock it

will look at both tonight.. see how I go